What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Message
Author
User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12608
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#1 Post by J a y H a c k » June 4th, 2019, 11:32 am

The search function forced me back a decade to find a broad-based mustard discussion, and most of the photos are now bad links, so I can't tell what half of the recommendations are. I like Pommery Moutarde de Meaux, but I know that there are better ones out there and you (meaning me) really need a bunch of different ones for different purposes. I periodically buy random mustards at the store in search of a good one, but my most recent sortie resulted in a Sriracha mustard that was all tongue burn and no mustard flavor. So what's your favorite(s).

PS - LOOK WHAT I FOUND! Fallot mustard at Yaranoush in White Plains. They bring it in themselves because the wife loves it and they sell the extra.
0608191547_HDR.jpg
Last edited by J a y H a c k on June 8th, 2019, 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

Mike Cohen
Posts: 2930
Joined: December 8th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#2 Post by Mike Cohen » June 4th, 2019, 11:52 am

I love mustard...in almost all forms. My go to these days is from Butterfly Bakery of Vermont. Their website isn't that great as I know they have a bunch of different mustards. My standard is the one they make with Heady Topper. But I've been digging the Chipotle mustard that they make too. I typically stock up when I'm in VT.

Although I like them all, I prefer the grainy style.

User avatar
Paul Luckin
Posts: 7322
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 2:58 pm
Location: Kenwood, CA

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#3 Post by Paul Luckin » June 4th, 2019, 12:05 pm

Been on a Beaver Sweet & Hot kick recently.
\m/ >_< \m/

ITB

Mike Cohen
Posts: 2930
Joined: December 8th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#4 Post by Mike Cohen » June 4th, 2019, 12:21 pm

Paul Luckin wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:05 pm
Been on a Beaver Sweet & Hot kick recently.
I like Oscar's More Than Mustard. I wonder if they are similar as the Oscar's has that sweet and hot thing going.

User avatar
Paul Luckin
Posts: 7322
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 2:58 pm
Location: Kenwood, CA

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#5 Post by Paul Luckin » June 4th, 2019, 12:26 pm

Mike Cohen wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:21 pm
Paul Luckin wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:05 pm
Been on a Beaver Sweet & Hot kick recently.
I like Oscar's More Than Mustard. I wonder if they are similar as the Oscar's has that sweet and hot thing going.
Haven’t seen that brand on the West Coast. Looks similar.
\m/ >_< \m/

ITB

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 14411
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#6 Post by Craig G » June 4th, 2019, 12:31 pm

You mean other than Grey Poupon, of course?

I like Edmond Fallot Dijon. The one with truffles is great, too.

BTW I do like Grey Poupon, but it’s pretty mild next to a real Dijon.
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

User avatar
Alan Rath
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 18455
Joined: April 24th, 2009, 12:45 am
Location: Bay Area, CA. Sometimes out to lunch.

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#7 Post by Alan Rath » June 4th, 2019, 12:37 pm

Craig G wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:31 pm
You mean other than Grey Poupon, of course?

I like Edmond Fallot Dijon. The one with truffles is great, too.

BTW I do like Grey Poupon, but it’s pretty mild next to a real Dijon.
I've got some Edmond Fallot we bought in Burgundy in the fridge right now. Good stuff, but it's fairly strong.
I'm just one lost soul, swimming in a fish bowl, year after year

Mike Cohen
Posts: 2930
Joined: December 8th, 2009, 1:37 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#8 Post by Mike Cohen » June 4th, 2019, 12:42 pm

Paul Luckin wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:26 pm
Mike Cohen wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:21 pm
Paul Luckin wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:05 pm
Been on a Beaver Sweet & Hot kick recently.
I like Oscar's More Than Mustard. I wonder if they are similar as the Oscar's has that sweet and hot thing going.
Haven’t seen that brand on the West Coast. Looks similar.
Only sold at Oscar's Smokehouse in Warrensburg, NY. Oscar's is one of those dying breed gems that has been around forever.

Michae1 P0wers
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4049
Joined: March 6th, 2010, 1:47 pm
Location: St. Louis

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#9 Post by Michae1 P0wers » June 4th, 2019, 1:22 pm

For Dijon, Fallot is good, Maille is widely available and decent enough, and Roland is actually very good and inexpensive.

User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 916
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#10 Post by Sh@n A » June 4th, 2019, 2:25 pm

Alan Rath wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:37 pm
Craig G wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 12:31 pm
You mean other than Grey Poupon, of course?

I like Edmond Fallot Dijon. The one with truffles is great, too.

BTW I do like Grey Poupon, but it’s pretty mild next to a real Dijon.
I've got some Edmond Fallot we bought in Burgundy in the fridge right now. Good stuff, but it's fairly strong.
At airport I picked up two different Edmond Fallots. One is a "Bourgogne" made with white wine. The other is a "dijon" made with vinegar, and is presumably stronger. I haven't tried either yet. The Bourgogne was more expensive.
/ @ g r @ \

User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 916
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#11 Post by Sh@n A » June 4th, 2019, 2:26 pm

For a US readily available option, I like Sir Kensington.
/ @ g r @ \

User avatar
TimF
Posts: 4043
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 5:18 pm
Location: Chicagoland

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#12 Post by TimF » June 4th, 2019, 2:40 pm

Homemade. I’ve never tasted any store bought that comes close.
Tim F@itsch

User avatar
Anton D
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 29342
Joined: October 17th, 2013, 11:25 am
Location: Chico, CA

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#13 Post by Anton D » June 4th, 2019, 3:02 pm

I admit to being spoiled, our local brewery, Sierra Nevada makes great mustards.
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

User avatar
Paul Luckin
Posts: 7322
Joined: February 19th, 2009, 2:58 pm
Location: Kenwood, CA

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#14 Post by Paul Luckin » June 4th, 2019, 3:06 pm

Anton D wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 3:02 pm
I admit to being spoiled, our local brewery, Sierra Nevada makes great mustards.
Truth.
\m/ >_< \m/

ITB

G Kramer
Posts: 124
Joined: November 3rd, 2009, 10:39 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#15 Post by G Kramer » June 4th, 2019, 3:33 pm

One of our winemakers near Beaune took us on the tour of the Fallot factory - he had never been. It was fascinating and I learned a lot about the history and making. If they recently produced a batch (often) the aroma is intense and can be tough on the eyes. After the tour, is the tasting/sales room. I bought a ton of the ones they don’t export. Love the Pinot Noir, Vin Jaune and Fig.

When I commented to the vigneron how inexpensive the mustard is, he lamented, “yes, but their product is on the shelf minutes after production. Mine waits 3 years!”

By the way, Bornier makes a very good inexpensive and readily available Dijon mustard, tho Fallot now seems to be everywhere and not much pricier. Certainly more intense.
Greg
ITB
VDLT Wine Community

User avatar
scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3729
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#16 Post by scamhi » June 4th, 2019, 5:49 pm

the Maille Dijon product bought from France. it is different from what we get in America. Bough a kilo last year. Will pick up another this year.
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

Frank Z
Posts: 283
Joined: September 5th, 2018, 12:04 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#17 Post by Frank Z » June 4th, 2019, 6:08 pm

I order Maille as well - LOVE their black truffle with chablis or something like that. Works well on anything.
Frank Zhang

User avatar
M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4867
Joined: April 18th, 2009, 9:10 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#18 Post by M.Kaplan » June 4th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Maille straight from the tap in Paris. Black truffle with Chablis is my favorite, too.
---Mark

Kyle Whitney
Posts: 61
Joined: April 22nd, 2009, 4:57 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#19 Post by Kyle Whitney » June 5th, 2019, 1:09 am

I have found the common supermarket brand of Mister Mustard, to be pretty good.

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12608
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#20 Post by J a y H a c k » June 5th, 2019, 10:44 am

I never thought of making it myself. Checked out a few recipes. Looks good. A trip to Kalyustan and I'm ready to go.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
Scott G r u n e r
Posts: 3323
Joined: June 6th, 2009, 9:03 pm
Location: Seattleish

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#21 Post by Scott G r u n e r » June 5th, 2019, 11:54 am

I haven't found myself digging most of the flavored mustards- though haven't tried the chablis/truffle one mentioned. Have had a bunch of different herb, garlic, tarragon, etc, mustards and most don't do much for me.

I use grey poupon for cooking a lot.
For fancy mustards I use Maille- the self imported dijon and the locally purchased whole grain country.
I use Beaver Sweet/Hot for a few specific things- i.e. prosciutto and parmesan puff pastry appetizers.
For most picnic type situations I tend toward Gulden's spicy brown.
//Cynic

User avatar
John Draper
Posts: 206
Joined: March 4th, 2011, 1:15 pm
Location: Denver, CO

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#22 Post by John Draper » June 5th, 2019, 2:17 pm

I agree 100% that the Maille product purchased in France highly outperform their domestic counterparts, big fan of the Chablis and Truffle as others have noted. For all of the Maille fans out there, if you haven't tried Amora (regular, not extra forte) give it a spin. I find it has a similar level of intensity to French purchased Maille and it can be bought on Amazon
liberstein

David Goerisch
Posts: 26
Joined: April 27th, 2010, 7:24 am
Location: St. Louis

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#23 Post by David Goerisch » June 7th, 2019, 9:39 am

John Draper wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 2:17 pm
For all of the Maille fans out there, if you haven't tried Amora (regular, not extra forte) give it a spin.
Agree. Amora Moutarde de Dijon is our go to basic Dijon-style mustard. In my opinion, it is way better than other Dijon mustards available in the US. Beyond that, at any given time, we have 10+ flavored mustards that I believe is more about your preferred flavor. The Maille black and white truffle mustards are fantastic, although expensive.

Doug Schulman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5018
Joined: October 21st, 2009, 9:42 am
Location: MA

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#24 Post by Doug Schulman » June 8th, 2019, 9:34 am

Apparently I'm slumming it with the US purchased Maille, but I still think it's pretty darned good. I'll have to try Amora. I tried to find the French version of Maille available for shipping to the US and either failed or gave up because of cost, I forget which.

Those Fallot mustards are great, although the tarragon flavor is so strong in that one that I need to mix it with another mustard if using a significant amount.

Trader Joe's has a horseradish mustard in a clay jar that's really flavorful and really spicy. I can't keep my hands off it when we have some. I think it's their own brand. I absolutely love it on crackers with a good cheddar. Then I end up just putting the mustard on the crackers and eating way too much.

I used to like the Sir Kensington, but now I notice the sweetness way too much, thus these other choices.
ITB - retail sales and education

User avatar
J a y H a c k
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 12608
Joined: May 29th, 2009, 9:59 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#25 Post by J a y H a c k » June 8th, 2019, 12:49 pm

Bump. See Fallot source and photo in post 1.
Yes, that's a DM of 1978 Mouton!

You can read my Financial Institutions Law Blog at https://www.gdblaw.com/blog?practiceID=4985.

User avatar
Ethan Abraham
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1243
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 10:34 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#26 Post by Ethan Abraham » June 8th, 2019, 1:24 pm

Is that a different fallot? I think most in this thread are referring to Edmund fallot, which seem to have different labels.

Maybe it's the negotiant.

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2188
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#27 Post by Robert M yers » June 9th, 2019, 2:19 pm

How about these guys

https://www.lacourtisanegourmet.com/col ... ard?page=2

Says they have freshly pumped Maille black and white truffle, although $$$.

Fallot in ceramic too although the flavors appear sold out.

Website is frustrating, I had scroll through all the mustards to find them interspersed.

User avatar
Chris Freemott
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 5772
Joined: January 29th, 2009, 7:00 pm
Location: Naperville, IL

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#28 Post by Chris Freemott » June 9th, 2019, 9:47 pm

“Those Fallot mustards are great, although the tarragon flavor is so strong in that one that I need to mix it with another mustard if using a significant amount.”

Doug, my favorite use for this mustard is in a tarragon cream sauce for roast chicken. I deglaze my roasting pan with white wine and blend this mustard in as I build the sauce. Even the kids drag their fingers through the sauce during dinner.

J. D'Antonio
Posts: 294
Joined: July 21st, 2010, 8:02 pm
Location: Toronto, Canada

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#29 Post by J. D'Antonio » June 10th, 2019, 12:04 am

I will be in Dijon tomorrow, and a stop at Fallot is definitely on the cards.
futronic
J a y D ' A n t o n i o

User avatar
Sh@n A
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 916
Joined: July 9th, 2018, 8:21 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#30 Post by Sh@n A » June 10th, 2019, 5:03 am

I tried the Fallot Bourgogne (which I noted has different price and ingredients to the Dijon). Quite nice. Has a bit of a deep horse radish like burn on the end... not sure how I feel about it because if I use a lot then I get a lot of burn, but if I use a little then I don’t get enough mustard flavor. Clearly a great mustard and I will enjoy researching the rest of the jar (looks like a stone or ceramic jar).
/ @ g r @ \

User avatar
Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4267
Joined: February 7th, 2012, 1:42 pm
Location: Sammamish, WA

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#31 Post by Andrew Kotowski » June 10th, 2019, 6:04 am

Doug Schulman wrote:
June 8th, 2019, 9:34 am
Apparently I'm slumming it with the US purchased Maille, but I still think it's pretty darned good. I'll have to try Amora. I tried to find the French version of Maille available for shipping to the US and either failed or gave up because of cost, I forget which.
They intentionally cut the American product to make it “creamier” (less hot). I’m on the fence, as I enjoy both; just depends on how I’m using it. You can also get on tap in London, but I don’t recall if that is full strength or not. My favorite is probably the d’Esplette, which I can eat on sandwiches until I’m red in the face.
You can find me at the grill! Https://www.facebook.com/akgrill

Michael Bowden
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5019
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:15 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#32 Post by Michael Bowden » June 11th, 2019, 9:22 am

There is a whole thread on mustard here -

viewtopic.php?p=133150#p133150
I'm taller than Zach Lang.

It's Michael.....not Mike, Mark, Mick, Mikey...get it? got it? good.

Good fries are better than great tater tots.

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 2445
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#33 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » June 11th, 2019, 12:14 pm

M.Kaplan wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 6:42 pm
Maille straight from the tap in Paris. Black truffle with Chablis is my favorite, too.
What Mark said. We buy 12 crocks at a time and bring them home in a wine shipper. When we run out of mustard, we go back to Paris.

Once we got stopped at customs coming back into JFK and when they asked us what was in the box, we said "Mustard!" The guy gave us a very skeptical look and proceeded to open our box. He took one sniff and said "yep, mustard. Carry on."

Doug Schulman
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5018
Joined: October 21st, 2009, 9:42 am
Location: MA

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#34 Post by Doug Schulman » June 12th, 2019, 9:56 am

Chris Freemott wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 9:47 pm
“Those Fallot mustards are great, although the tarragon flavor is so strong in that one that I need to mix it with another mustard if using a significant amount.”

Doug, my favorite use for this mustard is in a tarragon cream sauce for roast chicken. I deglaze my roasting pan with white wine and blend this mustard in as I build the sauce. Even the kids drag their fingers through the sauce during dinner.
That sounds great. I don't eat chicken, but I'm going to try something similar with fish.
ITB - retail sales and education

Russell Faulkner
Posts: 7514
Joined: April 26th, 2010, 10:30 pm
Location: Bordeaux

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#35 Post by Russell Faulkner » June 12th, 2019, 10:30 am

Does the ‘draft’ stuff last longer than jars? I assumed not as a worse seal but I’ve never had one last more than 3 months.

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 2445
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#36 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » June 12th, 2019, 11:40 am

Russell Faulkner wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 10:30 am
Does the ‘draft’ stuff last longer than jars? I assumed not as a worse seal but I’ve never had one last more than 3 months.
We keep it in the fridge and have never had an issue. We go through a crock every 2 or 3 months, so the last of our 12 pack stock are in there for a while.

User avatar
Brian G r a f s t r o m
Posts: 18047
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 12:54 am
Location: westside

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#37 Post by Brian G r a f s t r o m » June 12th, 2019, 2:46 pm

Fallot is my favorite.

For local-to-me, I love Phillippe's. Talk about a kick in the olfactories!!!
Los Angeles Workers' Compensation and Personal Injury

“All these characters spend their time explaining themselves, and happily recognizing that they hold the same opinions … how important they consider it to think the same things all together.” --- A.R.

CT handle: grafstrb

User avatar
Merrill Lindquist
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness
Posts: 10775
Joined: July 22nd, 2009, 6:58 pm
Location: Calistoga, Napa Valley, CA

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#38 Post by Merrill Lindquist » June 14th, 2019, 3:55 pm

Fallot Dijon.
Merrill
EMH Vineyards - Home of the Black Cat
email:Merrill@EMHVineyards.com

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4442
Joined: February 19th, 2010, 2:01 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#39 Post by Tom G l a s g o w » June 17th, 2019, 5:27 pm

David Goerisch wrote:
June 7th, 2019, 9:39 am
John Draper wrote:
June 5th, 2019, 2:17 pm
For all of the Maille fans out there, if you haven't tried Amora (regular, not extra forte) give it a spin.
Agree. Amora Moutarde de Dijon is our go to basic Dijon-style mustard. In my opinion, it is way better than other Dijon mustards available in the US. Beyond that, at any given time, we have 10+ flavored mustards that I believe is more about your preferred flavor. The Maille black and white truffle mustards are fantastic, although expensive.
I like the Amora, hope to bring back some Maille from Paris this summer.

Bdklein
Posts: 4423
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#40 Post by Bdklein » June 18th, 2019, 7:41 am

Heinz yellow mustard-not !!! Or any yellow mustard !!!
Bruce Klein

User avatar
Jason Hagen
Posts: 5081
Joined: February 2nd, 2009, 10:37 am
Location: SoCal

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#41 Post by Jason Hagen » July 4th, 2019, 11:24 am

Brian G r a f s t r o m wrote:
June 12th, 2019, 2:46 pm
Fallot is my favorite.

For local-to-me, I love Phillippe's. Talk about a kick in the olfactories!!!
Ditto. I do like Maille and it is always available.

Image

Barry L i p t o n
Posts: 2796
Joined: November 8th, 2009, 8:59 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#42 Post by Barry L i p t o n » July 4th, 2019, 11:54 am

scamhi wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 5:49 pm
the Maille Dijon product bought from France. it is different from what we get in America. Bough a kilo last year. Will pick up another this year.
We love Maille Dijon freshly pumped mustard from the store of Place Madelaine in Paris. We have the large crocks they sell, and bring them empty over. Then we bring back truffle (2 large crocks ast time), regular chablis (one large crock and one small), whole grain (one large and one small), and a couple of jars of the Provence style (with red peppers).

Unfortunately for my next trip in May, I will be going to Paris first and then onward to other countries, so not sure carrying the full mustard jars around with me in Tunisia makes sense. But my affinity for it is strong, maybe a jar is in the cards.

User avatar
scamhi
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3729
Joined: January 30th, 2009, 1:31 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard?

#43 Post by scamhi » July 5th, 2019, 6:45 am

Barry L i p t o n wrote:
July 4th, 2019, 11:54 am
scamhi wrote:
June 4th, 2019, 5:49 pm
the Maille Dijon product bought from France. it is different from what we get in America. Bough a kilo last year. Will pick up another this year.
We love Maille Dijon freshly pumped mustard from the store of Place Madelaine in Paris. We have the large crocks they sell, and bring them empty over. Then we bring back truffle (2 large crocks ast time), regular chablis (one large crock and one small), whole grain (one large and one small), and a couple of jars of the Provence style (with red peppers).

Unfortunately for my next trip in May, I will be going to Paris first and then onward to other countries, so not sure carrying the full mustard jars around with me in Tunisia makes sense. But my affinity for it is strong, maybe a jar is in the cards.
just visited last weekend in Paris. No longer do they have 1 kilo buckets. I had to purchase 2- 500g smaller buckets. The plastic buckets are much lighter in weight that the crock and seal better.
S u z a n n e C a m h i
instagram: suz_cam

User avatar
Brent C l a y t o n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5417
Joined: May 6th, 2009, 9:21 am
Location: Kew Gardens, NY

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#44 Post by Brent C l a y t o n » July 5th, 2019, 7:08 am

‘Purveyor of Plonk’
Threadsinker
ITB Sales
IG@bigdaddyb420wine

Michael Bowden
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5019
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 1:15 pm
Location: Atlanta, GA

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#45 Post by Michael Bowden » July 5th, 2019, 2:02 pm

I'm taller than Zach Lang.

It's Michael.....not Mike, Mark, Mick, Mikey...get it? got it? good.

Good fries are better than great tater tots.

Bdklein
Posts: 4423
Joined: November 10th, 2013, 1:16 pm

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#46 Post by Bdklein » July 8th, 2019, 8:20 pm

I had Koops mustard for the first time yesterday. It was really good.
Bruce Klein

User avatar
Robert M yers
Contributor
Contributor
Posts: 2188
Joined: March 10th, 2010, 8:24 pm
Location: Cleveland

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#47 Post by Robert M yers » July 9th, 2019, 11:53 am

Can anybody who hauls pumped mustard from France back comment if this site is the same thing? Is the price insane? What am I missing?

https://www.lacourtisanegourmet.com/col ... s?q=Maille

User avatar
M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 4867
Joined: April 18th, 2009, 9:10 am
Location: Los Angeles

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#48 Post by M.Kaplan » July 9th, 2019, 12:30 pm

They are charging 3x for buying and filling those crocks at the Maille store.
---Mark

User avatar
Craig G
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 14411
Joined: March 6th, 2011, 10:57 am
Location: Town of Cats

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#49 Post by Craig G » July 9th, 2019, 9:05 pm

M.Kaplan wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 12:30 pm
They are charging 3x for buying and filling those crocks at the Maille store.
Well sure, but you don’t have to waste all that time and money going to Paris!
“You need to look down to the bottom shelf where they keep the Fighting Cock” — Corey N.

C. Gle@son

Sarah Kirschbaum
Posts: 2445
Joined: September 20th, 2010, 11:53 am

Re: What's your favorite mustard? Fallot mustard photo added.

#50 Post by Sarah Kirschbaum » July 10th, 2019, 8:37 am

Craig G wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 9:05 pm
M.Kaplan wrote:
July 9th, 2019, 12:30 pm
They are charging 3x for buying and filling those crocks at the Maille store.
Well sure, but you don’t have to waste all that time and money going to Paris!
Because going to Paris is always such a terrible waste.... ;-)

Post Reply

Return to “Epicurean Exploits”