Panasonic CROUSTINA - new breadmaker

Today is World Baking Day and by coincidence I found an interesting review of a new breadmaker in the swiss newspaper NZZ yesterday night. I looked for other reviews in Germany and all the experts praised the machine.

Fair to say I have extremely good bakeries around the corner, so there is no need to bake bread by myself. But at my week-end house near Berlin there is no bakery. Here we go…my new kitchen gadget on the shopping list.

BTW, there is a great special feature with this machine, a timer. So you could let the machine bake your bread during the night and in the morning you will wake up with the smell of fresh baked bread. I would say there exist no better smell in the house than the perfume of a woman, fresh brewed coffee or fresh baked bread. [highfive.gif]

NZZ review: Brot selber backen geht mit diesem Brotbackautomaten ganz leicht

Cheers,
Martin

P.S. and makes Pizza dough and surprisingly also marmalade

In which order? [wow.gif]

newhere

If it also churned butter that’s a great start on breakfast!

Interesting, I am all in favor of technology for cooking but unitaskers are less interesting. Especially when you can make no knead bread as easily. I urge you to watch Mark Bittman’s NYT video with Creator of no knead -No Knead Bread | Bread Recipe | The New York Times - YouTube

Now I own a Croustina breadmaker and the first results were quite positive. First, a bacon bread and second a pizza dough.
The bread had a fine crust and the crumb was impressive. Also quite fresh the second and third day. The bread took 3h in the breadmaker and the pizza dough 45min + resting extra. Next will be a walnut bread.

IMG_9518.JPG
IMG_9478.JPG
IMG_9519.JPG

Several bread makers tested and published in the The Telegraph.

My wife had a machine that died several years ago and we haven’t replaced it yet. It was nice to wake up to fresh bread in the morning. I’m curious if anyone has experience with the Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA?

If you look for BREAD inspiration I have something tasty.

Program 3 on Croustina Breadmaker
and I added 100g Chorizo picante cubed and 1 tsp smoky paprika ( Pimenton de la Vera dolce).

basic recipe:

400g bread flour
1 tsp dried yeast
1 tsp salt
1 tsp sugar
10g butter
280ml water

EB26C4E5-C598-4791-BE31-8C5EE84FEA76.jpeg
P.S. what I like regarding this breadmaker is that it makes a good rustic crust.
71A0692A-BE8B-44C7-8909-D8A3FEE663B1.jpeg
7C16D21F-ED22-49ED-B5F0-00AF9ADC92CD.jpeg

New recommendation, bread with roasted onions. Slice 3 onions and add 2 tbsp flour. Combine. Then deep-fry them until dark brown. Set aside and chopp them. Use Program 3 of CROUSTINA and after 20min add them to the dough.

B5929D7A-A2BB-488F-B65F-D19558179E3A.jpeg

Last night I made bread with Taggiasca olives, Pommodori Secchi and fresh thyme&rosemary from the garden.

TASTY

I have had the Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA for a couple of years now. I love it. It has a large capacity, but its real value is its two mixing paddles which are coordinated to pull and stretch the dough when kneading. It makes great bread. I have used it every three days for years. I have just upgraded to their improved model which really is improved. It now offers three levels of crust browning.

I had some leftover organic walnuts from winter. A bit work to crush each, but on the other hand much more flavor than the ready-made walnuts from the supermarket. I used 150g. Again, quite tasty.

0E1A8FB1-C681-48E6-A613-6D09C872F5CF.jpeg