Anyone really into drinking Tea?

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
stevetimko

Any Tea Aficionados Out There?

#101 Post by stevetimko » April 20th, 2018, 8:49 pm

Anyone have an Assam tea they like a lot? I just had Assam tea at a local Indian restaurant. It was wonderful tea, bold and dark, but too bitter for spicy food. I needed to add sweetener. I could see why it is popular in chai.
Illegitimati non carborundum

Jim Friedman
GCC Member
GCC Member

#102 Post by Jim Friedman » April 21st, 2018, 2:46 am

Harney organic assam is one of my favorites

Russell Faulkner

#103 Post by Russell Faulkner » April 21st, 2018, 3:03 am

My Indian colleagues take Karak tea most morning.

Boil 25 Lipton black tea bags in a kettle for ten minutes, with rainbow milk and spices. I’m yet to try it.

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#104 Post by Jay Miller » April 21st, 2018, 6:03 am

stevetimko wrote:Anyone have an Assam tea they like a lot? I just had Assam tea at a local Indian restaurant. It was wonderful tea, bold and dark, but too bitter for spicy food. I needed to add sweetener. I could see why it is popular in chai.
I've never had an Assam that convinced me to buy it in preference to a Darjeeling or Oolong, or ...

So I'm also looking forward to hearing any recommendations.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

stevetimko

#105 Post by stevetimko » April 21st, 2018, 10:36 am

Jay, I'm not saying it's the best tea out there, but it's different and it's tasty. Some times you want Muscadet and sometimes a Cour-Cheverny is nice. It's got the highest caffeine level I've had in tea, so that will limit my consumption of it. I think it would go best with sweeter Indian food, like that from Gujarat.
The tea I tried is by Wagh Bakri and it's only $12 for 2 pounds on Amazon.
http://a.co/02S40Y7
I appreciate any recommendations.

M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#106 Post by M.Kaplan » April 21st, 2018, 1:40 pm

I drink a Yunnan/Assam blend every morning. My current favorite is Big Ben from Palais des Thes. Available online here: https://us.palaisdesthes.com/en_us/big- ... -1605.html.
---Mark

Rob_S

#107 Post by Rob_S » April 23rd, 2018, 9:44 am

stevetimko wrote:Anyone have an Assam tea they like a lot? I just had Assam tea at a local Indian restaurant. It was wonderful tea, bold and dark, but too bitter for spicy food. I needed to add sweetener. I could see why it is popular in chai.
https://teatrekker.com/product/assam-golden-fancy/
https://www.smithtea.com/products/assam-loose

You want TGFOP or FTGFOP quality in Assam.
utherland

p@ulbortin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#108 Post by p@ulbortin » April 30th, 2018, 2:45 pm

Superb Phoenix Mountain Dan Cong oolongs at Tea Habitat in LA

Tim Telli
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#109 Post by Tim Telli » May 2nd, 2018, 4:22 pm

Jay Miller wrote:
I've never had an Assam that convinced me to buy it in preference to a Darjeeling or Oolong, or ...

Do you drink it with milk?

I like the Taylors of Harrogate, its easily available in SF, and a makes a good cuppa. 3 mins brewing is enough.

stevetimko

#110 Post by stevetimko » May 2nd, 2018, 4:30 pm

Tim Telli wrote:
Jay Miller wrote:

Do you drink it with milk?

I like the Taylors of Harrogate, its easily available in SF, and a makes a good cuppa. 3 mins brewing is enough.
Yeah, less than a teaspoon of milk per cup. The tea still tastes great.

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#111 Post by Jay Miller » May 2nd, 2018, 4:36 pm

I don't generally add milk to my tea, no (unless you count milk Oolong :) ). Is Assam better with milk?

Tim Telli
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#112 Post by Tim Telli » May 2nd, 2018, 6:37 pm

Most definitely. That’s a strong tea, and I, being British, add milk and sugar to my black teas like Breakfast, Assam and even Earl Grey.

Julius L
GCC Member
GCC Member

#113 Post by Julius L » May 3rd, 2018, 12:22 am

I'm a big fan of Fortnum & Mason's black tea with lemon. Fortunately, one of my wife's colleagues works in their London office so he brings us a few boxes when he periodically visits the NYC office.
L = L@$Øff

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#114 Post by Jay Miller » May 3rd, 2018, 6:11 am

Julius L wrote:I'm a big fan of Fortnum & Mason's black tea with lemon. Fortunately, one of my wife's colleagues works in their London office so he brings us a few boxes when he periodically visits the NYC office.
If we're talking flavored teas I love the Lupicia Sakurambo Vert, green tea scented with cherries:

https://usa.lupicia.com/category/select ... 7/pid/9384

Mike Grammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#115 Post by Mike Grammer » May 7th, 2018, 10:57 am

Have totally fallen in love with Golden Jamguri, an Assam I picked up from Mariage Freres in Paris. It cost, but so far above almost everything else I've had. I like Sewpur too, find it adds a little fruity to balance the regular assam tastes. But Golden Jamguri---I *have* to get my local trusted source to get that in to her shop--or something like it (looks like a custom for MF). Jay--this *is* on a par with the best Darjeelings and most upper-end oolong I've had for enjoyment level.

https://www.mariagefreres.com/UK/2-gold ... T1533.html

Mike

Russell Faulkner

#116 Post by Russell Faulkner » May 7th, 2018, 10:17 pm

Tim Telli wrote:Most definitely. That’s a strong tea, and I, being British, add milk and sugar to my black teas like Breakfast, Assam and even Earl Grey.
I, bring British, don’t. ;)

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#117 Post by Jay Miller » May 8th, 2018, 10:56 am

Mike Grammer wrote:
Have totally fallen in love with Golden Jamguri, an Assam I picked up from Mariage Freres in Paris. It cost, but so far above almost everything else I've had. I like Sewpur too, find it adds a little fruity to balance the regular assam tastes. But Golden Jamguri---I *have* to get my local trusted source to get that in to her shop--or something like it (looks like a custom for MF). Jay--this *is* on a par with the best Darjeelings and most upper-end oolong I've had for enjoyment level.

https://www.mariagefreres.com/UK/2-gold ... T1533.html

Mike
Not available in the US but I'll try and look for it at the MF store in Tokyo when we're there in October. Thanks!

M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#118 Post by M.Kaplan » May 8th, 2018, 5:39 pm

FYI, Mariage Freres ships to the US from France. Quickly and fairly reasonably.
---Mark

Jason Hagen

#119 Post by Jason Hagen » July 24th, 2018, 10:00 pm

I'm on the wagon for at least a year so I have been exploring again. I really enjoyed the Honey Oolong from Floating Leaves. https://floatingleaves.com/collections/ ... ney-oolong

Cheers,

Jason

stevetimko

#120 Post by stevetimko » July 25th, 2018, 3:36 pm

Is there anything like a Coravin for loose leaf tea?

p@ulbortin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#121 Post by p@ulbortin » July 26th, 2018, 3:52 pm

stevetimko wrote:Is there anything like a Coravin for loose leaf tea?
Opaque foil zip lock pouches.

Jason Hagen

#122 Post by Jason Hagen » July 28th, 2018, 2:44 pm

Hmmm.... something that is super expensive and does not work ... hmmm not sure.

[whistle.gif]

Jason Hagen

#123 Post by Jason Hagen » July 28th, 2018, 2:45 pm

p@ulbortin wrote:
Opaque foil zip lock pouches.
I buy small amounts and it comes in these types of pouches. Works fine. I move some to small glass airtight containers and keep in a dark place.

Jason

stevetimko

#124 Post by stevetimko » July 29th, 2018, 3:20 pm

Jason Hagen wrote:

[whistle.gif]
If memory serves me correctly Weg Hagen has had good luck with Coravin. Plus I know someone in wine sales who preserves bottles with Coravin.

Jason Hagen

#125 Post by Jason Hagen » July 30th, 2018, 9:10 am

stevetimko wrote:
Jason Hagen wrote:

[whistle.gif]
If memory serves me correctly Weg Hagen has had good luck with Coravin. Plus I know someone in wine sales who preserves bottles with Coravin.
With a name like Hagen, can he really be trusted? I was pretty much just teasing. Reading lots of reviews and they seem to be mixed. For me, it just wouldn't suit my world. If I open something old, I'm going to drink, probably in one night. Any youngish wine will last 2-5 days. At some stage I tried all the tricks but without a battery of fully controlled tests, I just gave up. Just drink it :-)

With my teas, I haven't found major (maybe not even minor changes) over a period of 1 or 2 months. Foil packs or airtight glass. Both kept in a dark place.

Best,

Jason

Justin B.

Re: Any Tea Aficionados Out There?

#126 Post by Justin B. » September 19th, 2018, 11:56 am

So I kid you not but in the last couple weeks I ordered a tea called Duckshit Fragrance Oolong tea. I think I originally heard about it on a Tim Ferriss podcast (or maybe it was a Kevin Rose podcast?). Either way, don't let the name fool you. It's some seriously good stuff...

For reference:
https://www.forbes.com/sites/megykaryde ... aeeedc61b1
Justin B o j a r s k i

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#127 Post by Andrew Kotowski » February 4th, 2019, 6:24 am

Appealing to the board for a little info about the tea I’m drinking. I have no idea what it is, but very enjoyable.

Context:
Purchased at a tea store in Singapore in Sept of 2007 and have kept in the back of the pantry since. Am 99% positive it’s Pu-erh, but outside of that, am at a loss. I have a cold and am starting a diet, so figured... why not :)

Any thoughts are appreciated. There’s another sheet filled with characters inside the package that I can pull if anybody thinks it will help.
Attachments
7C3E6DC4-B4CB-4BBC-B751-A44BA7045720.jpeg
You can find me at the grill! Https://www.facebook.com/akgrill

Mike Grammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#128 Post by Mike Grammer » February 5th, 2019, 8:32 am

Sure looks like Pu-Erh cakes to me, Drew. No idea on age. A good friend procured some 20 year old for me (about 6 cakes) which I hope will last me 10 years at least. It almost never leaves the plantation/country and I paid a king's ransom for it, but I've never had a Pu-Erh (which I normally dislike intensely) like it.

Make sure you have a proper small clay pot to drink it in. My friend told me that you use a knife to "dig" some out of the bottom of the cake first and put the leaves directly into the pot, no strainer.

Dustin Buchko
GCC Member
GCC Member

#129 Post by Dustin Buchko » February 5th, 2019, 4:35 pm

Does anyone have an experience with cascara coffee cherry tea? Bodhi Leaf coffee traders have a couple on sale right now and it sounds interesting.

Jason Hagen

#130 Post by Jason Hagen » February 6th, 2019, 8:54 am

Dustin Buchko wrote:
February 5th, 2019, 4:35 pm
Does anyone have an experience with cascara coffee cherry tea? Bodhi Leaf coffee traders have a couple on sale right now and it sounds interesting.
Was there yesterday but did not see that. Didn't look for much, just grabbed a green tea. Do they sell this prepared or just in a package? And what is it?

Jason

Dustin Buchko
GCC Member
GCC Member

#131 Post by Dustin Buchko » February 6th, 2019, 10:52 am

Here is a link to one of the offerings, short answer, tea made from the dried flesh of the coffee berry, not sure if they offer prepared.

https://www.bodhileafcoffee.com/product ... -cascara-1

Jason Hagen

#132 Post by Jason Hagen » February 9th, 2019, 4:34 pm

Sounds interesting. https://www.bodhileafcoffee.com/pages/menu Looks like it is offered at the locations. I might give it a try this week. I'll report back.

J

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#133 Post by Jay Miller » February 11th, 2019, 11:52 am

In case anyone is interested my favorite 2nd flush Darjeeling is back in stock at teagschwender:

https://shop.tgtea.com/store/search.asp?keyword=phuguri*

The site doesn't show it but this is the second flush FTGFOP1

Mike Grammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#134 Post by Mike Grammer » February 12th, 2019, 8:11 am

Hum! Don't know that plantation, Jay. What makes it stand out for you? Depending on answer, I might try to get my trusted source here in Toronto to try to source it...I'm sure she'd be able to...

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#135 Post by Jay Miller » February 12th, 2019, 8:31 am

Mike Grammer wrote:
February 12th, 2019, 8:11 am
Hum! Don't know that plantation, Jay. What makes it stand out for you? Depending on answer, I might try to get my trusted source here in Toronto to try to source it...I'm sure she'd be able to...

It has a lovely delicate smooth palate with rich undertones. I'm sure there are many just as good but I love the Phuguri and it was easily available to me until last year.

Alan Huang

#136 Post by Alan Huang » February 15th, 2019, 2:59 pm

I LOVE tea. I love to visit tea producing regions and walk through the fermentation process. Unfortunately visiting tea farms is not as easy or structured compare to wineries, especially the famous regions like the Da Hong Pao (fermented oolong) at WuYiShan mountain in Fujian China or the Pu’er tea (raw or aged/ripe) in Yunnan China. Anybody else visited the tea farms in Asia?

Tea is very much like wine, there is the objectivity (quality) and the subjectivity (preference). There are so many similarities between wine and tea that I often compare the both (e.g. pairing with food, mood/setting/weather, concept of terroir and need for fermentation process, single varietal vs blended, etc). My preference in wine pretty much matches the type/fermentation process of the teas that I like. This is not to say that I don’t like or won’t try other tea/wine, but there are certain ones that I would go back to repeatedly and day after day.

My preference in tea (with most of my tea experience from China) remains the fermented oolong (e.g. Taiwan High Mountain fermented oolong, FuJian Da Hong Pao, and ripe/fermented Yunnan Pu’er). These are the types of teas that I can drink throughout the day without having to worry about too much caffeine or stomach discomfort. I also love these teas because of their food pairing capabilities, ability to help with digestion, and simply their aroma/taste profiles. I am lucky to have a relative who distributes Da Hong Pao and I am able to drink it like a regular basis.

I also prefer unblended tea over the blended tea. Blended tea, like English breakfast, is something that I am not too fond of because it masks the true quality/flavor of the actual tea leaves. I do love the red tea from Fujian (unblended and showcase the delicate floralness of the tea). I am sure people will debate with me on that, but again this is a personal preference.

I think it would be really fun to actually try to match tea with wine of similar profile (e.g. Xihu LongJing tea or Dragon Well Green Tea and Australian sauvignon blanc because of their distinct grassiness and freshness; Da Hong Pao and old world Bordeaux because of their cedar, plummy, and sometimes fruity profile). Anybody else interested in drawing the comparison?

If anyone of you is in the Vancouver (BC, Canada) area, I would love to do some more tea tasting (and also wine)!

Alan Huang

#137 Post by Alan Huang » February 15th, 2019, 3:08 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 6:24 am
Appealing to the board for a little info about the tea I’m drinking. I have no idea what it is, but very enjoyable.

Context:
Purchased at a tea store in Singapore in Sept of 2007 and have kept in the back of the pantry since. Am 99% positive it’s Pu-erh, but outside of that, am at a loss. I have a cold and am starting a diet, so figured... why not :)

Any thoughts are appreciated. There’s another sheet filled with characters inside the package that I can pull if anybody thinks it will help.
I can't say that I know much about Pu'er but if you can take a photo of the inside, I can certainly try to do some digging.

The issue with Pu'er is that it's hard to know whether the raw Pu'er was fermented naturally through aging or artificially fermented. Sometimes you can tell that by the price or the look of the tea cake inside. Mostly you would have to taste it or examine the leaves to be able to tell. The oldest Pu'er I have (or tried to age) is around 20 years (through natural aging, similar to wine). Even with the aging, you can still see some greeness in the leaves (but you won't see any sign of green colour if it was fermented artificially).

While the label can tell you where it was from and who made it, it is not easy to tell how the Pu'er cake was made...very similar to Burgundy wines where you really have to know the producer.

Alan Huang

#138 Post by Alan Huang » February 15th, 2019, 3:28 pm

Mike Grammer wrote:
May 6th, 2010, 6:45 am
Hey Linda! Already lots of great responses here.

On the Darjeelings and the other teas with the lettering. 'FOP' stands for "flowery orange pekoe". T is for "tippy"---just the tips of the leaves used, I think, another "F" is for "first flush" and "G" may be "green".

I'm quite particular about my darjeelings, my favourites have been Goomtee and Glenburn Estate, the real expensive stuff like Singhilli and Jungpala (last I saw it some 20 years ago, it was $90 an ounce) I actually don't like.

You haven't had Lapsang? Well, try it first. I tend to add a little bit to get some hickory taste if I'm boiling potatoes. [basic-smile.gif] I love Islay whiskies too, but you won't catch me drinking Lapsang straight. I can't bring myself to love Pu-Erh, despite how good it is for you. "Poo-Erh" is my moniker for it. Oops, prejudices showing! I do like a flavoured Rooibos every once in a while.

Monkey Pick Oolong is a go-to for me, Da Hong Bao is the bomb, wish I could source some. Assam is almost all on the strong side for me, my favourite there is Sewpur, which I find has an interesting fruity counterpoint on the taste.

Plenty of other Chinese tea, I'm a big fan of Silver Needles and white teas. I also use Dragon Phoenix Pearl Jasmine extensively as a cure-all. And that stuff keeps forever. My current loose-leaf bag is at least 7 years old and still just as potent. And of course Dragon Well (Lung Ching). Who doesn't love Dragon Well, eh Linda? [wink.gif] (BTW, I finally, a few weeks ago, finished off the stuff I bought on that visit with you at the Ferry Docks back last year).

I do like Ceylon teas and certain Japanese teas---not many Senchas and no Genmaicha for me---if I want popcorn, I'll buy popcorn. Emperor Gyokuro is very nice. I've tried to get the hang of matcha but haven't quite been able to do it. Some of the higher-end Kenyan teas (main ingredient in Irish Breakfast IIRC) like Milima estate can also be good.

Frank, with Japanese teas, my own experience is that you have to be ultra-precise on just how long you let them steep, and it's trial by error.

My everyday tea, if I had to choose one, is currently a keemun called Golden Monkey. But I'm going to pop some Glenburn in the cup this morning.

cheers,
Hello fellow Canadian!
I love Jasmine and Da Hong Pao (it is indeed the bomb!) too! While Dragon Well and Silver Needles are slightly too light for me, I do enjoy it early in the morning to help wake me up. Unfortunately they don't last too long even in the fridge (freshness goes way down after a year in the fridge and you will still get oxidation even if the packaging is sealed). Oxidation of these fresh tea leaves often leave a metalic and almost funky taste.

Combination of different types of teas throughout the day is just endless and you don't have to worry about needing to finish the whole bottle (i.e. you drink the amount that you want).

If you are ever in Vancouver or if I get a chance to travel to Toronto, I do have some Da Hong Pao available that I am trying to age as well!

Joshua Kates
GCC Member
GCC Member

#139 Post by Joshua Kates » February 15th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:

Context:

Yes, it is some kind of Pu-erh, as Mike and Alan point out. Here is a link to a video about the different sorts: https://www.teavivre.com/info/differenc ... h-tea.html. It's on a site called Tea Vivre, which has lots of useful info and sells tea, some of which ships from China and some of which is stateside. I, too, like Oolong best, and I purchase Ximen (Keemun) and Red Snail (black tea) for daily drinking. (Somehow I just prefer Chinese to Indian tea.) From my understanding Pu-erh is the most wine-like, as it improves with age. They're tricky to prepare; if they steep too long they become very, well...oxidized. If you are in downtown Manhattan, there's a sweet place, T Shop, on Elizabeth St, where you can introduce yourself to well brewed and good quality Pu-erh.

Alan Huang

#140 Post by Alan Huang » February 15th, 2019, 10:28 pm

Joshua Kates wrote:
February 15th, 2019, 3:56 pm
Andrew Kotowski wrote:

Context:

Yes, it is some kind of Pu-erh, as Mike and Alan point out. Here is a link to a video about the different sorts: https://www.teavivre.com/info/differenc ... h-tea.html. It's on a site called Tea Vivre, which has lots of useful info and sells tea, some of which ships from China and some of which is stateside. I, too, like Oolong best, and I purchase Ximen (Keemun) and Red Snail (black tea) for daily drinking. (Somehow I just prefer Chinese to Indian tea.) From my understanding Pu-erh is the most wine-like, as it improves with age. They're tricky to prepare; if they steep too long they become very, well...oxidized. If you are in downtown Manhattan, there's a sweet place, T Shop, on Elizabeth St, where you can introduce yourself to well brewed and good quality Pu-erh.
I agree, Pu'er is a tricky tea where the taste profile is completely different depending on the age of the Pu'er cake, how it was aged, and how you brew it (very similar to wine as well). It is certainly an interesting experience to taste raw Pu'er (green), naturally aged (5-10 years or even 10 years+) and artificially aged Pu'er. Naturally aged Pu'er can be very expensive, so be aware of that. But don't get fooled by paying high price for artificially aged Pu'er, as they are not worth the price.

Pu'er ages in a very similar manner compare to wine (i.e. freshness and good amount of astringency to mellowing of acid/astringency and more roundedness/creaminess, and eventually to more earthy and dried dark/stony fruits). You may like your Pu'er cake now, but may not like how it evolves in 5-10 years. Similar to wine, it's fun to try the wine both when they are young and also when aged. If you like how it tastes now, I would say enjoy it now.

Andrew Kotowski
GCC Member
GCC Member

#141 Post by Andrew Kotowski » February 15th, 2019, 11:28 pm

Thank you!
You can find me at the grill! Https://www.facebook.com/akgrill

Mike Grammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#142 Post by Mike Grammer » February 20th, 2019, 4:51 pm

Jay, thanks--that sounds lovely---I'm going to see about getting it sourced here.

Alan--definitely! I don't have plans at the moment to be out there this year, but I would love to drink some tea with you.

For everyday, I tend to rotate through Darjeeling, Assam and Keemun (with the occasional Da Hong Pao of course!) in with a very occasional Japanese or Celanese offering. I have different teas at my different workplaces, which keeps things fun for me.

M.Kaplan
GCC Member
GCC Member

#143 Post by M.Kaplan » February 20th, 2019, 5:19 pm

Jay,
Have you found a respectable replacement for American Tea Room's milk oolong? I have not (but I haven't tried very hard).
---Mark

p@ulbortin
GCC Member
GCC Member

#144 Post by p@ulbortin » February 20th, 2019, 9:58 pm

Andrew Kotowski wrote:

Context:

Puer needs to be kept in a humid environment away from light, heat and odors in order to stay healthy and improve or it will dry out and lose it’s flavor, similar to cigars.

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#145 Post by Jay Miller » February 21st, 2019, 6:26 am

Mike Grammer wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 4:51 pm
Jay, thanks--that sounds lovely---I'm going to see about getting it sourced here.
This year's release seems lighter than previous years. Same flavor profile just not as vivid.

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#146 Post by Jay Miller » February 21st, 2019, 6:34 am

M.Kaplan wrote:
February 20th, 2019, 5:19 pm
Jay,
Have you found a respectable replacement for American Tea Room's milk oolong? I have not (but I haven't tried very hard).
Same here on both counts.

Troy Stark

#147 Post by Troy Stark » February 26th, 2019, 9:22 am

Herbal drinks = not tea
Flavored teas = gross

Aside from that, I enjoy most teas and what I drink will depend on my mood. I lean toward high-quality loose leaf teas. Love walking into asian tea shops and tasting gongfu style.

Particular favorites include oolong (esp: red robe), aged pu'er (we have a 20 year that is divine), jasmine pearls, and any spring tea I can get my hands on.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Jay Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member

#148 Post by Jay Miller » February 26th, 2019, 11:22 am

Troy Stark wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 9:22 am
Herbal drinks = not tea
Flavored teas = gross

Aside from that, I enjoy most teas and what I drink will depend on my mood. I lean toward high-quality loose leaf teas. Love walking into asian tea shops and tasting gongfu style.

Particular favorites include oolong (esp: red robe), aged pu'er (we have a 20 year that is divine), jasmine pearls, and any spring tea I can get my hands on.
Flavored coffee is gross but I'll admit to loving a good Earl Greay.

Troy Stark

#149 Post by Troy Stark » February 26th, 2019, 12:05 pm

Jay Miller wrote:
February 26th, 2019, 11:22 am
Flavored coffee is gross but I'll admit to loving a good Earl Greay.
"Good Earl Gray" - seems an oxymoron to me. [snort.gif]

I will drink it if there are no better options... begrudgingly.
Insta: @lofiwineguy

Mike Grammer
GCC Member
GCC Member

#150 Post by Mike Grammer » February 26th, 2019, 12:13 pm

"hurl Gray" as one of my close friends puts it [grin.gif]. That said, Mariage Freres does a decent version. It does seem that we have some Da Hong Pao (Red Robe) mafia in this thread ;)

Return to “Epicurean Exploits”