Santa Fe restaurants

Going mid May staying at Inn of the Anasazi

Looking for restaurant recommendations Could not find any recent posts

Any suggestions for things to do also would be appreciated

Tx

For food, we enjoyed the following stops during our visit last September:
-Second Street Beer, solid beer line-up, surprisingly tasty food that is a big step up from usual brewpub fare, original location on 2nd Street, eat outside.
-Horseman’s Haven Cafe, if you are into the flavors and heat of green chiles, a little out of town, a little “hole-in-the-wallish”
-Clafoutis, can be a bit crowded sometimes for a meal, but pretty good “French” food and even better pastries
Enjoy Santa Fe.

Heading to Santa Fe also…

But we will only be there for lunch–Our usually dinner spot is Geromimos, but this time we have a 2 yr old. Compound street was a recommendation?

Paul

Paul, have you been to Pasquals?

Sweetwater Harvest kitchen for breakfast was excellent. We were there in December. El Farol on Canyon made a killer Cheeseburger, my wife loved her dinner as well. Radish and Rye was another we really liked.

Really good Mexican restaurant just off the highway in Espanola-El Paragua. 603 Santa Cruz Rd, Española, NM 87532. Lunch or dinner. A tree is growing right through the middle of the building. A sweet old woman making fresh torillas on the stove to the left when you walk in. Not pricey either!

The Shed has the classic New Mexican fare and is pretty good. Pisoli was closer to my grandma’s than most places. Only place better (for pisoli and, well, everything, on our last trip out to NM in 2017 was Padilla’s in ABQ.

Alan–no, the only place I have been for lunch was the Shed. That was pretty good. Was looking for something else. I’ll google that. We loved the cocktains at El Farrol jeff–jalapeno marg …yum Thanks

Anther place I looked at was La Boca?

Thanks for the other suggestion guys.

Pasqual’s is a long time stalwart, eclectic, fun, good food. If it hasn’t changed, I think they only have a beer/wine license, so no full bar.

I was wondering if anyone would mention Pasqual’s. It is a must visit but reservations are recommended. There will be a line at the door when it opens for each meal. https://pasquals.com/ I was there last May and it hadn’t changed. My daughter and her husband were there in November and it was still the same. Great food. Crowded with good reason.

For Northern New Mexican fare, Rancho de Chimayo is my favorite. A scenic 45-minute drive from Santa Fe in a charming setting:

http://www.ranchodechimayo.com/

Thanks Bill,

Nice to here from u again.

Doc B

Pasquals rocks and a solid, casual wine list to boot

Bill,

I Finally had a chance to hit Chimayo… We were driving our daughter and grand children back from Omaha. Let me tell u that last hour and a half to the Q, was tough after 1 pitcher of Marg’s. WoW…Steller

Food was solid, I did the Carna asada. very nice.

Thanks for the tip/ will revisit. Oh I asked to see the pottery shop…looking for a bean pot. I was a bit surprised when he told me 40K.

:slight_smile:

Looking for updates in the city proper.

Recently had several great meals, each place several times-
Joseph’s
Restaurant Martin
Bistro 315

Nothing beats margaritas on the patio at Casa Sena in the afternoon (nice small wine shop attached) and the restaurant was fabulous the few times I went but it’s been a while.

I recommend breakfast at Pasquals and you go when they open to beat the tourist crowd. One of my favorite breakfasts in the world.

the patio at Luminaria is a nice place for lunch if the weather is warm and you sit outside. Food is nothing amazing, just a pleasant setting to chat with friends.

We had an excellent lunch at Pasqual’s, and ate several times at the Tesuque Village Market, which I highly recommend. The stews (the green chile in particular), pozoles, the chili. All really great in a very casual setting (seating is mostly outside). Good dive-y bar to hang out in as well. Definitely a highlight for us.

A few more for SW cuisine: El Callejon, downtown, has a variety of great tacos, love that place. The Shed has been recommended here previously and I strongly recommend it to, however it gets busy and a lot of people don’t know that La Choza has basically the same food and same owners I think as the Shed and it’s only about a. mile away and easier to get in.

Thanks. Pasquale’s and La Choza are always on the itinerary. We usually hit La Boca for their happy hour and Harry’s Roadhouse too. I have Tesuque on my list.

If you’re in town on Saturday, there is a very nice farmers market at the railroad station