SALAMI - What do you like? What producers?

Greetings everyone -

Doing a little research on different Salami producers in the United States, and was wondering who and what do you like?

I love Salumi in Seattle, but who else are you a fan of? What Salami do you prefer from your favorite producer?

Much thanks in Advance -

These people are great and they produce great stuff. https://www.smokinggoose.com

I’ve recommended them here before and used to sell their products.

JD

Calabria Pork Store, Arthur Avenue, Bronx
53502008-DF80-4A1A-805C-A74ED79D6C00.jpeg

I’m a sucker for Salumi, so happy to see it on your list. Another favorite locally is Olympia Provisions ( https://www.olympiaprovisions.com ), located in Portland and worth a visit to their restaurants if you’re in town.

www.salumebeddu.com

These guys. My hometown too!

My wife is a huge salami fan.

She says Fra’ Mani and Olli Salumeria really know how to swing the meat. Firm, but moist and creamy texture. The aroma wafts of the shaft off the salami as the casing is slowly, so slowly removed.

Olli has a ‘cooler’ taste, Fra’ Mani is too stiff at refrigerator temperature and needs some time to warm up. Then, pop it in your mouth and let your tongue soften the fat so it coats the meat right there in your mouth.

You’ll keep asking for more, telling your server, “Yeah, that’s the stuff! Keep it coming.”

She says you should try both at the same time.

Some of the line is Spoofy, but makes a good variety for a party…

The “wine infused” line is fun to eat while drinking the corresponding wine. Stunt salami, so to speak.

Thanks everyone! - We do a Charcuterie plate at our brewery, and I am looking for different salami producers to put in rotation -

Awesome suggestions -

Also check out Charlitos Cocina

Hi Thomas - check out what Tony Incontro is doing at Incontro cured. His Mangalitsa pork and wagyu beef salume (The Gladiator) is dynamite and everything else I have had is really good. Products.

He’s just getting started but I think maybe products available via mail?

Best,
Cameron

Fatted Calf caters the Ridge events. They are always good.

I’ve ordered a variety of stuff from https://www.olympiaprovisions.com/ and it is really good.

I know this isn’t salami but have you tried this? It is amazing. It’s a meat spread you can put on bread or crackers (although there are plenty of recipes you can use it in also). I usually put it out with cheese and crackers when I am hosting something and it gets devoured! 'Nduja: Spicy Prosciutto Spread – La Quercia Cured Meats

Does she know you posted this? (My apologies in advance if over the line ).

Thank you for that!

I bookmarked the site, waiting for his online store!

The Gin and Juice salami from Smoking Goose is one of our faves. Mole salami from Salumi is pretty wonderful too.

48A23922-11FC-4752-A5D5-C2B615AF0BB2.png

It must take quite a few moles to make a salami.

Framani.

Seconding Creminelli. Delicious stuff and a range from more traditional versions to a few more out there things. If you want to go full Utah, pair it with Beehive Cheese.