Eating and Drinking in Washington (mostly Seattle area)

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Kris Patten
GCC Member
GCC Member

Eating and Drinking in Washington (mostly Seattle area)

#1 Post by Kris Patten » February 28th, 2019, 8:59 pm

Thought it would be nice to start a dedicated thread to Seattle and surrounding areas.

I'll start since Scott from Bisato is back and Bisato in SODO and William from Mistral just opened Violet, anyone been?
ITB

Robert Dentice

Re: Eating and Drinking in Washington (mostly Seattle area)

#2 Post by Robert Dentice » March 4th, 2019, 12:30 pm

It has been a couple years since I was in the area. I will say The Willows Inn is one of my favorite restaurants in the country. Highly recommended. Requires a trek to Lummi Island and most likely an overnight stay but it is worth it.

D Plude

#3 Post by D Plude » March 21st, 2019, 9:45 am

SO many great places, most of which I have not visited. I’ve really like RN74 (and yes I brought my own Sojourn pinot.) Ray’s on the water north of DT is usually great (sometimes odd) but do stick to the fish, not beef. Really enjoyed Brimmer & Heeltap; great service, interesting food. And Purple Café (several locations) has decent food & excellent wines WA & beyond. (I believe no corkage either!)
Recently went to Copperleaf near the airport. Meh. The service was amateurish—the waitress zoomed up to our table & just said, “What would you like?” And promptly forgot our order & had to come back to ask again. (The place was practically empty.) My Caesar salad was just OK, wife’s fish & chips fine. For $$$ I expect much better.
P.S. Did go to Mistral 2 years ago and was disappointed in food & service.
champagne.gif Chef Dave

Peter Yanagihara

#4 Post by Peter Yanagihara » March 22nd, 2019, 4:09 pm

Cafe Juanita, always a winner.

Purple Cafe has corkage. Ate at the Bellvue location. Corkage waived by the waitress who was originally from Honolulu.

Brandon R

#5 Post by Brandon R » March 25th, 2019, 10:13 am

As un-cool and un-trendy as it might be, I really still enjoy Nell's Restaurant on Greenlake. They have a well-thought-out wine list (lots of Burgundy, and a great selection of half-bottles, which I really appreciate) with decent prices and the food is always very good. We went a few months back and had some killer sweetbreads.
B. Redman

Return to “Epicurean Exploits”