Chef's Tasting menu (a la Playground 2.0) in Orange County

Any ideas on tasting menus like Playground 2.0 has? MUCH preferred with a cocktail pairing, but wine pairing also acceptable, of course. We’re looking to book a dinner for my birthday and Jen researched Playground 2.0 but the meals around that time are steak (which she doesn’t like) or vegetable (boring) - there’s a Japanese themed one but not when we can do it.

I know Broadway has a chef’s tasting area/menu and while we LOVE the cocktails there, the food is never extraordinary in any way, rather boring, actually.

Any ideas on a fun tasting menu in OC??

The Hobbit in Orange? Prix fixe. Corkage allowed. Decent list.

Though it doesn’t have a tasting menu, I like the cocktails at Vaca in Costa Mesa, Todd. The menu is quite large, and I’m sure you could choose a nice selection of dishes in advance to share, family style, if you’re looking to avoid having your guests choose their meals at the restaurant.

Similarly, you could order a banquet at J Zhou and spend a lot of money, if you wanted. You’d probably want to bring your own wines, though.

I’m sure Studio at the Montage would do a cocktail pairing if you asked in advance. Last time we went the food was much improved and wine list is deep.

Nobu does a cocktail pairing I think.

Broadway will do one and no corkage on Wednesday’s I believe

Thanks, all!