Attn NYC residents

Just got this email warning

URGENT ACTION NEEDED!
NYC Council Member Carlina Rivera has introduced a bill (Intro. 1378) that would ban the sale of foie gras in New York City. This bill unfairly targets well regulated, USDA inspected family farms; limits food choice for New Yorkers; and endangers the livelihoods of hundreds of hard working farmers and their families. We need your help to fight this ban.

If you live or work in NYC, or know anyone who loves food choice and foie gras, please use the link below or forward to friends.

The link will connect you with an easy form to email to the NYC City Council.

https://foodchoicenyc.org/

Please help us save foie gras today!!!

Copyright © 2019 Hudson Valley Foie Gras, All rights reserved.
You are receiving this email because you opted in on our website, through social media or at th

Why would they even do this? Seems strange. Maybe im missing something.

i (barely) live in her district - or rather, she is my rep.

In today’s political environment nobody should be surprised. Keep an eye on CA. They ban everything before anybody else can. CA will be vegan by 2030 and won’t exist past 2035 if a politician is convinced, well maybe only thinks, plants have feelings including pain.

remember, part of deBlasio’s platform when he ran for mayor was to ban carriage horses. thankfully he failed, hopefully this will fail as well.

Banning the carriage horses would be a net positive for the City. Those horses look terrible & the operators are a long-shot from what was intended for a “carriage-operator”. They’re a nusance.

Foie gras though? What gives?

It is rich people food… only eaten in penthouses on Billionaire’s row… easy to point at… hey Jeff Bezos and his 25,000 jobs and net tax inflows despite the tax incentives is evil and bad for NY in some quarters…

The argument is that the traditional method of raising the geese who produce the foie gras (including forced feeding) is inhumane.

and we’re turning a blind eye to the massive amount of steroids fed to livestock in order to produce $1 hamburgers?

…or to the dairy ‘farms’ that give rise to the famous NY $1 pizza slice?

I dont even eat foie gras, nor am I particularly passionate about it, but come on.

I’m avoiding the merits of their positions (or lack thereof), because that road would quickly lead us to the Politics ghetto. However, I am sure that the people behind this are equally passionate about the other issues you raise - even the ones who aren’t part of the “meat is murder” contingent. But the argument against foie gras is, on the surface, an easier political argument for them to advance at this point in time.

We had a ban in Chicago. Everyone ignored it. Then we didn’t.

Good luck to you folks

Completely agree. I am always disgusted by how they look. There is NO reason that they cannot be fat, happy, well groomed and treated like gold. But instead thane all look like sad sacks, and half are lame too. It is criminal.

Ban leather shoes.

F622E84E-E46B-4834-92E2-ED156FAC2342.jpeg