What food for the Superbowl?

I usually have a small group of friends over for the Superbowl to drink good wine and eat and make insulting comments about all the non-Jets teams that are playing. Anyone have any appropriate food suggestions? I have not decided on the wine yet, but it will not involve anything from The Loire, Vin Jaune, Burgundy or Pinotage. Last year we opened a Cayuse, a SQN and a Saxum along with other fun items of similar ilk, so that will give you a rough idea. I will definitely make something we will call Nachos Grande because my son really likes corn chips with mean and cheese, with fresh made guacamole on the side. I was thinking of “make your own pizza” on the BGE with assorted toppings for flexibility. Any other good ideas?

Various grilled sausages/cased meats, sweet Italian, kielbasa’s, bratwurst. Eat them alone or as a sandwich

Hopefully a Kansas City Strip

Hmm. What food would be apropos for our L.A. Rams playing in the SuperBowl??

We have an annual party and will do so this year. Typically 25-30 people.
We have bubbles for kick-off then a ton of wines with a concentration on American, with some tequila shots at random points. My wife gets to decide if she wants to make Aperol spritzes and/or margs.

The must have foods are; queso dip, guacamole and chips; onion dip and potato chips, chili and cornbread, Sausages, Langer’s pastrami sandwiches, and brownies. Then we fill in with all sorts of other rotating stuff. This year probably the Violet restaurant mac’n’cheese, a cheese plate, etc… Two years back we made a grilled cheese version that we swiped from Eric Greenspan with a blend of cheeses including tallegio and fontina, grilled onions, a smear of a fruit “chutney”, and braised short-rib meat. They are the bomb! But make for a lot of work for a crowd.

Mutton

This year, the Big Game is just before the Chinese New Year, so we’ll be mixing traditional football fare with dumplings, suckling pig, long life noodles, sticky rice, and so on…

Can I come? I won’t be in New York, but it would be nice to know

(If it helps, my sister is UofM med trained)

We are having quiche, chicken wings, and a Caesar salad. Mostly beer, no special wines but a great 1970 Taylor Port.

Somehow the idea of immasculating one’‘s mascot then eating it isn’t what I was looking for.
Unfortunately things like kale salad or avocado toast represent L.A., and popular ethnic stuff like tacos doesn’t seem right. But Langer’'s IS an L.A. institution and some of the best pastrami in the country.
If the Rams get in, I hope I can convince my wife to buckle on the whole lechon which she is currently resisting.

https://www.majordomo.la/the-big-game

I want to get this.

Bring home a Bo Ssäm from Majordomo for your game day celebration. The full package includes a whole smoked pork shoulder, sides, and supplies for your viewing party.

Sunday, February 3
Serves 8 – 10 | $250

Smoked Bo Ssäm rice, lettuces, ssämjang, hoisin, ginger scallion, kimchi
Popcorn Chicken Sichuan, peanuts
Dashi Potato Chips french onion dip
Sesame Slaw cucumber, carrots
Bing Rolls

Price is pretty good for 8-10 people

Soup and beer ?

Ha! Marty is UofM Med too (Go Blue!) so of course you can come :grin:

Looks interesting. My daughter in law will be just out of Radioactive Iodine Isolation and this is right up her alley. Can I use the Momofuku Bosam recipe but slow smoke it in the BGE? With a side dish of Sichuan spiced chicken wings.

We could work together here. My wife and I are both U of M grads AND she was the first ever female student government President so we take Go Blue seriously. My daughter in law is from Hunan and likes big red wine. I’ve never made a suckling pig. That’s what happens when you grow up in a kosher home.

There’s a Bo Ssam thread where I believe the pros and cons of smoking it are discussed. I was making in the oven. It’s easy, delicious, and a good way to feed a crowd.

KC BBQ paired with bitter sides, and maybe a wine that showed fine this year, but better next…

Oh and some Mama Cass recipe chicken, ‘cuz you guys choked neener
Actually, right now KC is the favorite to win next year’s SuperBowl.

It is a good deal for what I’m sure will be great food, but this is a remarkably easy dish to make if following the momofuku recipe. I can send you a copy if you’re interested.