New Lotus of Siam location --- what's the deal?

How does the food compare to old location?

What is the current state of the wine list?

Same food and wine list, they just moved to another location while remodeling original one. They will keep both once original is rebuilt.

Was just there and the wine list is a shell of its former self. Mostly new releases at least as far as Reisling goes. Still fine stuff at reasonable pricing to drink with great food, but your not going there for the wine anymore. Food was still great, but I didn’t like the atmosphere as well either, it just seemed a bit weird.

I think the cooking is consistently better at Flamingo than it was during the past several years prior to the move, when it was consistently inconsistent. Agree that the wine list is a shell of its former self. The Flamingo space is a former Roy’s of Hawaii that LoS was able to get into quickly after the roof collapsed at the Sahara location. And it is weirdly laid out.

Gone are the days of old Riesling at LOS. That ship sailed a long time ago. Still great food though!

"More major food and beverage players have signed on as tenants at The Bend, the office-retail development and multiplex theater coming to the 215 Beltway curve near Durango Drive.

Acclaimed Thai restaurant Lotus of Siam and Freed’s Bakery, which has attracted a national audience for its “Vegas Cakes” show on the Food Network, will open locations there."

This is in North Las Vegas, fairly far from the Strip.

Actually this is in the Southwest part of the city, very close to IKEA if that helps. It is maybe 5 miles west of the Strip. The project is a big real estate deal with a retail and restaurant component. The old Lotus still has not reopened. It has been down for over a year.

Thanks for the clarification. The article mentioned Durango and the 215 and I didn’t see that Durango crosses the 215 in two locations. I thought the north location was odd!

If LoS opens there, it will be their third location (eventually and after original opens up, I think they also contracted space next door to expand), will be interesting to see how their food quality holds up when that happens. Plenty of other good Thai places in town, just not with the great wine program.