Veleta EVOO

My six pack just arrived, so far I’ve only cooked with it. Any suggestions for a pour top?

You mean like a spout? We use this kind and they work well:

https://www.amazon.com/Liquor-Stainless-Classic-Pourers-Tapered/dp/B01HM8VTVG/ref=asc_df_B01HM8VTVG/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=194899782153&hvpos=1o14&hvnetw=g&hvrand=15911174319193885568&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=m&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9032064&hvtargid=pla-312042531342&psc=1

Thanks for your reply. I see when I add my reply that you provided a hyperlink to amazon. This hyperlink shows up blank for me. Does this liquor porter have a cap or cover to lessen oxidation?

That particular version does not, but I’ve seen other kinds that do. Oxo makes one and though I haven’t tried it, I generally like their products.

https://www.oxo.com/oil-stopper-pourer-541.html

the top provided pours well and is excellent. It’s a great EVOO.

No built in pourer in this year’s bottle.

[cry.gif]

Looks like I need to pry the pourer from my final bottle from the previous vintage.

Believe me, this was not planned or approved, it was workers that were not paying attention to the bottling process. I have new lids and pourers and the machine to seal the lids coming from Spain and due to arrive on the 28th. I will replace each and every lid and replace all the bottles I recently shipped out. I am very embarrassed and disappointed in my company and the workers who did the bottling. None of them are new employees, it was just simply lack of attention to the details and not following our QA program. They all know I am deeply upset about this. The good news is you will all get another shipment of Veleta EVOO on me. The oil this year is outstanding BTW.

flirtysmile

Wonderful news Nola about the oil quality this year. This is the best olive oil. My house oil for everything including dressing salads.

[head-bang.gif] [head-bang.gif]

UPS International in Spain over the Holidays is a disaster, Tracking Number 1ZTU84B50420010219 says the package is in Guarroman, Spain. (BTW Guarroman literally means stinky filthy place) That is a tiny little village in Jaen. I seriously doubt it ever was in this little village. It was dropped in Adra, which has a UPS hub then went to Madrid and was in customs. claimed it did not have the commercial invoice, which my accountant personally attached 3 invoices with the shipment. He sent me an email on the 27th after I inquired for him to call UPS Spain and see what was the hold up. So after several phone calls they sent him this update.
UPS.jpg
Still no package, and no update in UPS…this is my life right now [head-bang.gif] [head-bang.gif] [head-bang.gif]

My suggestion is stop cooking with it and start using it in dressings, toppings, or any uncooked version. You’ll appreciate it so much more.

Amazon stopper

Finally the package is moving and they say it will be arriving on Monday!! Fingers crossed.

I was contacted by one of your top customer service reps, I appreciate the Palomar family customer service.

Good to hear, I ran out of oil and couldn’t wait for BD!

Yes, your daughter Ashley (IIRC that’s her name) called today to check on leakage. We had a tiny bit from one bottle, but not worth bothering about. The one bottle I’ve opened so far had no pourer, but I just used the one from an empty of last year’s oil.

And I agree, it’s really great oil!