lunch in east village

Suggestions for asian or artisan type spots?

EV NY?

Momofuku Ssam Bar

Momofuku Noodle Bar

Hunan Slurp - BYOB

Hi-Collar - not necessarily full lunch spot. Traditional Japanese kissaten place.

Yes, NYC, thanks!

That is my hood! I would rank Ssam first you want to also have a nice bottle of wine. The wine list is literally 2-3 three BTG choices but they do allow corkage. Please let me know if you have additional questions.

where can i grab wine that area?

We went to ATLA a few weeks ago, before seeing a show nearby, and really enjoyed it. Astor Wines is right around the corner, among others.

Wine list is very weak though. Had a few cocktails that were, to me, quite different and fun…Tequila of course.

Astor Wines - biggest selection

Discovery

Convive

I also corrected my post. Ssam has a good wine list. Noodle only has a few BTG options and beer.

Atla is not a bad idea as well I did not think of it because it is neither Asian nor in the East Village but it is very close.

Second those recommendations.

A few more:
Mountain House - real deal Sichuan
Raku - terrific udon and non sushi Japanese
Setsugekka - high quality Japanese Matcha

The Tang for amazing noodles in a tiny, hole in. The wall location.

SSam was really good, honestly the salads were standouts but dang that chicken and curry/chile oil!
1D00BFDF-F09B-494D-8566-186684AF6F10.jpeg
07A9320E-BAF8-424F-AA38-8CAB31F4AFD1.jpeg

Nicely done, at one of my favorites.

Then a couple more!
4858F4E3-809E-4797-9528-6758C5A76448.jpeg
2C7232EB-AAA7-49E4-B17B-A0C9B4E42931.jpeg

So glad you liked Ssam. Thanks for reporting back.

Ssam remains one of my most enjoyable meals - sitting at the counter with all those heritage hams to try … and Milk Bar for desert … hard to beat.

More on this later but Oda House in the lower east side/village was amazing Georgian food. Pretty mind blowing really.

That chicken looks great.

Thanks for posting this I just checked out the menu and it looks great. The location is one of those spots that has had several restaurants in the past 10 years so I just continually walk right by it however I have noticed recently that it has been full and much more lively.

What do they sell at Brodo?

We’ve been a few times to both Hearth and Zadies, and walked/ran by many, many times at Brodo but never actually dropped in.

Primarily broths. The Chef created his own broths when he tried to lose some weight and ended up creating a business out of it. I think also have juices.