DUCK PÉRIGORD

In my shop there are a lot of french stuff, for example duck filet, which you can rarely find in german shops. Duck filet is the little part of the duck breast. Anyway, here comes a cozy B_istro_ dish. BTW, I used a special French mustard from Fallot which tasted a bit like Xmas or Chinese 5-spice, “moutard au pain d`epices de Dijon au miel”. You can use a regular whole grain mustard. Finally, I served it with Papardelle pasta in sage butter.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=5177

ENJOY
Martin

Thanks Martin. I love how simple you make things. I have to ask; wouldn’t a little additional acidity, over and above the vinegar in the mustard help cut the fat in the duck? Something subtle like orange or even blood orange juice? Anyway, Martin, every time I see you post I think about your stance two years ago. L’Chaim and let’s channel Bob Dylan.

YES Mitch, orange peel&juice would be a sublime addition to this recipe. I will add it next time. Of course a classic with duck.

Regarding the fat, there is no fat, as I used duck filets. So, no skin.

Mitch,

everyone deserves a second chance. But make no mistake I closely watch Tuesday. Please, don´t disappoint me.

Or let me quote Jack Reacher, “hope for the best, prepare for the worst”

The fillet is a different part than the duck breast. While ducks have more fat–all birds have the same basic muscles. The only reason I would bring it up, is there is a piece of sinew that I would remove from a fillet that a breast wouldn’t have: - YouTube

Looks great though! Assume you did a burgundy with it? Cheers!

Of course a Pinot Noir, but from Germany. And quite Burgundy-like.

it’s the pectoralis minor muscle that is under pectoralis major. Used in chicken “fingers.”