D'Artagnan Flash Sale PSA

Today only till 9pm. 40% off. Some good deals to be had.

Mostly meat, isn’t it?

Pretty decent deal on a wagyu tri-tip, got that with some duck products.

Anyone ever try their Wagyu strips? I’m a bit skeptical that they won’t be as marbled as many on here would appreciate in order to appeal to to the masses more and avoid the “it’s too fatty” complaint. I’m concerned that they’ll want to target the crowd that wants the label of Wagyu, but not the extensive marbling.

I may still give one of the roasts a whirl to try them out. Works out to $28.xx/lb. which isn’t too bad.

Grabbed some squab

I’m not familiar with that euphemism.

Went for the tri-tip, boneless ribeye and some duck confit.

[whistle.gif]

Venison tenderloin!

I’m pretty disappointed in the size of the tri-tip that arrived today, the website says average 2.5lbs, and the one I received is 1.75lbs, so 30% less than advertised.

Let them know.
I have had the same kind of problems with D’Artagnan. Low weight a package of 5 Green Circle Heritage Chickens 4lb average 2 chickens under 3lbs and one had a huge bruise on it.

Thanks Suzanne, I just did that. Good to know I’m not the only one like this. Very good result with it tonight though, very tender but not as intensely beefy as some of the better Baldwin Charolais tri-tips we get locally.

I am really done with them.
Here is an example of the pictured Berkshire Rib Chop Milanese I received. Just a mess of 2 uneven pork chops. Horrible quality.

That one on the right might be from a warthog.

What in the wha??

That’s just plain offensive (and scary looking).

I hope they refund you in full.

Suzanne,

Have you ever tried fossil Farms? I use them a fair amount. D’Artangnan is right next to Kean University where my wife works, and I can buy and pick up anything. But I just think their prices and quality are not as good as they should be or can be. I have not had stuff bought and shipped from Fossil Farms, but have gone up there and bought from them with very happy results.

Steve, I can purchase better for cheaper. I am done.
BTW last year their tarbais beans for cassoulet were $9.99 a package 500g- 17.6oz. Now this year they are 19.99 WTF? Buying this from Ranch Gordo at $6.95 per pound.

Just had my first order from them delivered. What a shitshow. Veal chops were not sealed, blood all over the box and other items, and arrived cool not cold. The rancid smell of the veal was detectable as soon as I opened the box. Never had an experience remotely like this when ordering meat online before.

I think D’Artagnan is still living in the days when they mailed catalogs out to my folks in the woods in New England and there was nothing like that in the other catalogs.

I just received my Flash Sale shipment: What a Bloody (literally!) mess!

It looked as if the order (19 items) were just thrown in randomly with no plan or thought. A few packages opened (or were packed unsealed) and as a result, everything was covered in blood. I hadn’t planned on that clean-up job!

Really disgusted.

We’ll see how genuine their “100% Satisfaction Guarantee” is…