Ramen

Would love to see a good step by step for your favorite ramen if anyone follows something online. I’m willing to put in the time and effort to do it right and not take shortcuts, but if it happens to use widely available, non-specialty, ingredients that would be a plus!

So much info here from Ramen Lord. I’ve followed his stuff for some time. He’s a Chicago kid who went way, way down the rabbit hole with ramen. There are obviously more legit recipes from grandmas in Japanese kitchens, but you can pull of this ramen sourcing for the home cook. His tonkotsu is pretty awesome. Broth takes 18 hours. But it is worth it! He also has a great recipe for spicy miso. His reddit has tons of info, he’s always experimenting and tweaking.

There are no shortcuts to do it right, so you may be setting yourself up to be unsatisfied based on your comment about ingredients. Find stuff online. I don’t make my own noodles, even I have boundaries. Good luck.

There’s always Kenjis knock offs, which are good, and not quite so time consuming.

Ivan Orkin’s book is also helpful.