Best way to prepare a zabuton cut??

I have a zabuton cut in the freezer, not sure exactly how to prepare it…

Do I slice it thin and prepare the slices individually? Reverse sear the whole flap/pillow? Cut into steaks?

Can’t wait for some replies. Have never heard of this.

It’s Flannery, and I believe it was left here from ‘FlanneryFest’, when Bryan and Katie were here for a fundraiser.
fullsizeoutput_2191.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_218c.jpeg

looks like a well marbled tri-tip only square.
“The Denver Steak is an exceptionally marbled steak that is cut from the upper portion on the chuck and renders itself to be a very tasty smaller size steak. These steaks are also called “Zabuton Steaks”, zebuton being the name for the large flat square Japanese pillows one sits on.”

I found that googling as well, but no real info on best prep methods

sear it in a cast iron pan turning often.
cut against the grain

Maybe call and ask Bryan or Katie? newhere

Reverse sear all the way and it doesn’t matter if you cut it or don’t, it is only a matter of which process you prefer for service. That cut demands low and slow then a hot finish. With that marbling and fat content the low and slow approach is the only way to ensure the best flavor and texture.

If it’s from part of the chuck might a braise be best? I really just guessing here, never had the cut myself.

I’ve seen it at few steakhouses as waygu and it’s cut into 8 oz steaks.

The great London meat restaurant, Pitt Cue, grills Denver steaks over hardwood. Lots of intramuscular fat. Delicious.