Looking for a good, BYOB friendly restaurant in mid-Wilshire area of LA

An old friend is coming to town next week, so I need a BYOB-friendly restaurant in the mid-Wilshire area (near-ish) to Carthay Circle. It will probably be a small
group of four of us for dinner, so also want someplace quiet enough that we can chat and not have to yell across the table to be heard.

Thanks!

Bruce

Not sure if this is straying too far from mid-Wilshire but I’d highly recommend Kali. Chef’s tasting menu was fantastic a couple weeks ago.

Big fan of Republique, but noise level may be an issue.

Hi, Bruce. If you’re feeling adventurous, the Ethiopian restaurant Meals by Genet is very good and is only a few blocks away. Champagne and juicy, red wines seemed to work well with the food, a few months ago.

From Carthay Circle, you’re also less than a 10 minute drive from many restaurants on Third, Beverly, or Melrose, between La Brea and La Cienega. If you’re looking for a grown-up, quiet restaurant, Jar might be to your liking; however, check their corkage policy, as I recall their bottle-limit is low.

Mid-Wilshire is a pretty big geographical area – is Farmhouse close enough for you? I’ve also brought bottles to Mozza and Son of a Gun and their satellite restaurants.

Lucques??

Thanks for all the suggestions. Friends insisted on a complete change of area. So much for my “mid-Wilshire” adventures… :slight_smile:

Bruce

A food affair would’ve been a good choice in the area.

I’ve been to Food Affair; it’s a good BYOB location.

Bruce

I think they raised the corkage to $25. Quiet the journey from free when the first opened. $25 isn’t a rip-off, and the food isn’t good, but it isn’t the off-liner’s sanctuary it used to be.

It’s free on tuesdays.