short visit to Seattle in August - need restaurant recommendations

I’ll be in Seattle for work Aug. 22-24 Looking for great lunch and dinner options.

Where will you be during your visit? Downtown? Eastside? North End? South End?

Any particular culinary interests?

Michael

Working downtown but will venture out. Nothing formal. Semi-casual/casual with great food and drink. No particular culinary preference.

Lots of options. Downtown you can try Cafe Campagne or Le Pichet – both near the market and both good informal french bistro.

There are lots to try further afield. I am in the Capitol Hill area, so would recommend the Bar at Poppy (I find their bar food particularly good, and they make great cocktails – the chef is Jerry Traunfeld of the Herbfarm fame). Le Spinasse is great Italian - informal, but perhaps on the pricier side. Bar Mesuline is great for oysters and similar fare. Bar Ferdinand is a great wine bar hidden away in Chophouse Row, with some very interesting food (I have not eaten there, so cannot comment directly on the food). The wines are great, off the beaten track, non-US. We like Lark a lot – can go either high end or low end there. The beef tartare is to die for. There is an amazing Ramen place, Betsutenjin – only two things on the menu, and very informal, but some of the best ramen I have ever had.

Other neighborhoods have lot to offer as well-- Joule and The Whale Win in north lake union area. Lots of other places to recommend; I am sure others will pipe in.

Let us know what you try and whether you would recommend it or not. We locals like to be checked by outsiders from time to time. :slight_smile:

If you like cocktails, go to Canon! The food there is also great.

not familiar with Seattle, but was wondering what Seattle natives thought of Junebaby and Edouardo Jordan? Intrigued after all the recent recognition

Canon is definitely a place to go if you are into cocktails. That reminds me of two more (related) places nearby: Ba Bar, and Seven Beef. Both Vietnamese (the former more focused on that than the latter). Ba Bar is excellent, though can be noisy in the evenings. Seven Beef is a really good steak house. If you really want to do a fancy steak dinner, then Bateau, which is next to Bar Mesuline (the two are related), is one of the best.

I have not been to Junebaby, but we went to one of his earlier restaurants and really liked it. Have not tried Junebaby now as we assume (without really checking) that all of the hype will make hard to get into for a while.

Junebaby is excellent… everything I’ve had there is great, but I particularly recommend the fried pig’s ears (starter). I haven’t been since they’ve gotten all of the press, but do usually see a short line outside whenever I drive by. I’ve heard the strategy is to go early, and grab a cocktail at the bar while you wait for a table.