Seattle Fish Market Area Restaurants - Need Recommendations

I’ll be in Seattle this weekend and need some recommendations for a nice restaurant in the Fish Market area. It will be a lunch outing. I’ve been to the Fish Market before and know it’s touristy, but I’m with several people and that’s where they want to go. Near that area is cool too. All of these folks have educated palates, so I need recommendations bearing that criteria in mind.

Thanks in advance! champagne.gif

Others may have more recent recommendations, but Skillet Diner is pretty good. They source much (all?) of their food from the market. Cafe Campagna is a good French bistro type place (I am pretty sure they are open for lunch). Same with Le Pichet.

OH – just saw that Matts in the Market is open for lunch now. That would be my first recommendation. Have never had lunch there but dinner has been superb. And a bit off of the normal touristy path of the market.

I just also noticed that Matt’s has some pretty good glass pours as well.

Outstanding Ron, thank you!

Enjoy – let us know how it is. And of course if you want company this weekend…

Matt’s - no doubt about it. Just about as close as you can get to Pike Place Market (heck, I think it’s technically part of it).

Not what you asked, but try Le Caviste for a great wine bar specializing in Beaujolais. Or if you are up for a speakeasy after dinner, loved Bathtub Gin.

Dave, where did you go and how was it?