Why sous vide?

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Mel Hill

Re: Why sous vide?

#251 Post by Mel Hill »

We went thru a 8 oz bag of sodium citrate 11g at a time and my son does not love the MC "silky Mac and cheese" For me, it really depends on the cheese mix.

Just made the SE SV chicken wings and they were great, and I'll make them again.

TimF
GCC Member
GCC Member

#252 Post by TimF »

Mel Hill wrote: February 6th, 2020, 10:18 am We went thru a 8 oz bag of sodium citrate 11g at a time and my son does not love the MC "silky Mac and cheese" For me, it really depends on the cheese mix.

Just made the SE SV chicken wings and they were great, and I'll make them again.
I think I posted on your FB pic that you inspired me to cook my Super Bowl wings SV. The gelatin that came out of the juice was ridiculous. Set up at room temperature in almost no time. I did them at 160F for two hours and only had an hour or so of drying time in the fridge. You can rip through so many in the fryer since it only takes 3 minute or so. They were much more juicy and tender than frying alone IMO. I guess I need to try to do more with SV. I was just so turned off with steak that I about abandoned it.
Tim F@itsch

brianlouie79

#253 Post by brianlouie79 »

JDavisRoby wrote: July 7th, 2019, 9:14 pm Did six dry aged strips Friday night in the sous vide. Finished them over charcoal via the Weber kettle. Temp on the grill grate was 600*.

Only issue I had was my stock pot was a little small. What pot or bin is everyone using?
Don't think anyone's added this one yet. I have an Anova, so I use this little cooler and cut a hole in the lid with a 2 3/8 hole saw. The Anova fits perfectly in the hole. If you plan to use this on a kitchen counter top, make sure you drill your hole in the corner works best with your cord/outlet location.

Cooler:

Hole saw:

Nola Palomar
BerserkerDay MVP
BerserkerDay MVP

#254 Post by Nola Palomar »

brianlouie79 wrote: March 5th, 2020, 9:42 pm
JDavisRoby wrote: July 7th, 2019, 9:14 pm Did six dry aged strips Friday night in the sous vide. Finished them over charcoal via the Weber kettle. Temp on the grill grate was 600*.

Only issue I had was my stock pot was a little small. What pot or bin is everyone using?
Don't think anyone's added this one yet. I have an Anova, so I use this little cooler and cut a hole in the lid with a 2 3/8 hole saw. The Anova fits perfectly in the hole. If you plan to use this on a kitchen counter top, make sure you drill your hole in the corner works best with your cord/outlet location.

Cooler:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002BMCLMU/

Hole saw:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MRR0NJ2/
Welcome Brian! Cool idea!! [wow.gif]
Nola
ITB

Veleta
Bodega Dominio Buenavista
D.O.P. Granada, Spain

Juan Manuel Palomar MD - 1948-2018 Husband, Father, Surgeon, Mentor, Winery owner & Winemaker, my everything...RIP
Bob Wood - 1949-2013 Berserker for eternity! RIP

Stephan L Bardes

#255 Post by Stephan L Bardes »

K_F_o_l_e_y wrote: April 18th, 2019, 9:42 am OHHH: Look at that!

(167-degrees x 13 min)

This egg just look amazing.
I've tried a few times eggs but I've been disappointed. I tried a few different temps or time but they always came out a bit over.
And frankly I thought the traditional method yields better results.

I will try your temp and cooking time next time I make poached eggs and will report back...

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#256 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y »

Stephan L Bardes wrote: March 6th, 2020, 3:18 pm This egg just look amazing.
I've tried a few times eggs but I've been disappointed. I tried a few different temps or time but they always came out a bit over.
And frankly I thought the traditional method yields better results.

I will try your temp and cooking time next time I make poached eggs and will report back...
The texture of the white is what usually throws some people off, since it is definitely more delicate than a traditional poached egg (not so apparent in the video). But that makes it perfect as a saucy topping for pasta, etc.

The 75-degree (167°F) x 13 min egg technique I used is originally from Ideas in Food's 2010 cookbook (kinda laughable that America's Test Kitchen now claims they invented it last year). The key is consistency: the size, grade, age and starting temp of the eggs all make a difference. So get a dozen eggs and try varying the time a bit to find what works for you, and then stick with those eggs and time. After ~13 min, put the egg in cold water for 30 seconds to make them easy to handle, and then crack on a slotted spoon on a paper towel to drain any loose whites (minimized by using fresh AA eggs). I usually use Eggland's Best XL AA, which supposedly get to the store sooner after laying than other brands.

https://www.chefsteps.com/activities/75-c-egg

I just did 10 to plate over pasta for a dinner party and to make things easier, after 13 min I drained the bath, added cold water to stop cooking, then turned on the circulator to 130°F to hold the eggs until serving. Worked like a charm.

I can also crank these out almost as fast as a traditional poached egg, since my Joule can heat a very low volume water bath to 167°F in about 3 minutes.
Cheers,
/<evin

"Ah! Dull-witted mortal, if Fortune stands still, she is no longer Fortune."
~ Boëthius, in Consolation of Philosophy

davidkong
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#257 Post by davidkong »

Of all the things I love for sous-vide, steak is not one of them. I think it is the only one...chicken/pork/salmon all excellent with sous vide. Steak given crust necessary is hard with sous vide.
Glas.vin
Back in stock.
Free US Shipping, Flat Intl Shipping
Use code WB for 10% off

Steve Manzi

#258 Post by Steve Manzi »

davidkong wrote: March 7th, 2020, 7:23 pm Of all the things I love for sous-vide, steak is not one of them. I think it is the only one...chicken/pork/salmon all excellent with sous vide. Steak given crust necessary is hard with sous vide.
Try icing the steaks down throughout the thickness. Then, broil them with some butter painted on each side a few times. I've been doing that lately and it works better than anything I have tried. Need a decent thickness on the steak.

"The ignorance of one voter in a Democracy impairs the security of all" ~ John F. Kennedy

davidkong
BerserkerBusiness
BerserkerBusiness

#259 Post by davidkong »

Steve Manzi wrote: March 8th, 2020, 8:49 am
davidkong wrote: March 7th, 2020, 7:23 pm Of all the things I love for sous-vide, steak is not one of them. I think it is the only one...chicken/pork/salmon all excellent with sous vide. Steak given crust necessary is hard with sous vide.
Try icing the steaks down throughout the thickness. Then, broil them with some butter painted on each side a few times. I've been doing that lately and it works better than anything I have tried. Need a decent thickness on the steak.
Steve I couldn't agree more.
I buy steaks in bulk (ideally a lot on discount!), put into freezer, and deep-fry, then I put into oven to slowcook (I assume this last part you can replace with a sous-vide for similar results). Life's too short for thin steak!
Glas.vin
Back in stock.
Free US Shipping, Flat Intl Shipping
Use code WB for 10% off

Steve Manzi

#260 Post by Steve Manzi »

David,

Just to be clear, I mean that I sous vide the steak, THEN ice it down and then broil it. After reading my post again, it seemed confusing.

"The ignorance of one voter in a Democracy impairs the security of all" ~ John F. Kennedy

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#261 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y »

Sous vide Greek yogurt:
1) Pour 800g whole milk into 1 quart wide mouth Ball canning jar and seal lid
2) Put in sous vide bath starting at low temp ~110°F to avoid cracking due to temp shock
3) Ramp to 185°F; let go for 1 hour at final temp
4) Remove and let cool to 109°F on counter
5) Add 40g Fage 5% milkfat Greek yogurt and mix using stick blender (can add flavors at this point)
6) Seal and put back into sous vide bath at 109°F for 5 hours
7) Result will be moderately thick. But if you like it thicker, dump contents in Chemex coffee filter/carafe and returned to fridge for 2-8 hr to drain whey; will loose 25-50% of volume
8) Voila: Greek yogurt!
Attachments
IMG_8786.jpg
Cheers,
/<evin

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#262 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y »

Sous vide deviled eggs (194°F x 20 min) with fresh Maille mustard, smoked paprika, capers & dill. Sous vide eggs are so much better than hard boiled!
Attachments
IMG_0378.jpg
Cheers,
/<evin

Mel Hill

#263 Post by Mel Hill »

I find SV eggs very hard to peel and prefer to steam eggs that require peeling

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#264 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y »

Mel Hill wrote: June 21st, 2020, 1:40 pm I find SV eggs very hard to peel and prefer to steam eggs that require peeling
The trick is to put them cold from the fridge right into the heated sous vide bath, then after cooking to ice bath them immediately and then let them fully cool in the fridge, crack the fat end on the counter and peel off the shell in 2 or 3 pieces under running water. Older eggs are easier too.
Cheers,
/<evin

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#265 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y »

Chèvre & goat's milk kefir sous vide cheesecake, with cherries jubilee sauce
Attachments
IMG_0712.jpg
Cheers,
/<evin

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#266 Post by JDavisRoby »

I normally finish my sous vide steaks on the grill. With the winter storm not that keen in tending to it today. Thinking of a couple options for a few filets for a V Day dinner tonight.

- Butane torch - have one but don’t seem to have great luck with it. May just need practice.

- Cast iron skillet - my normal back up but my valentine doesn’t like the mess

- Cast iron Dutch oven - thinking this might cut down on some of the mess.

Anyone have feedback on these methods?
Joshu@

Andrew K.
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#267 Post by Andrew K. »

What's the mess with the cast iron? Enameled cast iron on high for 15 minutes with duck fat is what I use to finish all my sous vide steaks.
к𝓁ย𝐠

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#268 Post by JDavisRoby »

Andrew K. wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:12 am What's the mess with the cast iron? Enameled cast iron on high for 15 minutes with duck fat is what I use to finish all my sous vide steaks.
The splatter of the grease onto the stove and the general lingering smokiness isn’t her favorite.

I don’t have any duck fat in the house but I may need to check that out. I have used bacon fat and that was pretty darn good.
Joshu@

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#269 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y »

JDavisRoby wrote: February 14th, 2021, 9:14 am
Andrew K. wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:12 am What's the mess with the cast iron? Enameled cast iron on high for 15 minutes with duck fat is what I use to finish all my sous vide steaks.
The splatter of the grease onto the stove and the general lingering smokiness isn’t her favorite.

I don’t have any duck fat in the house but I may need to check that out. I have used bacon fat and that was pretty darn good.
Duck fat tastes good, but contrary to commonly held beliefs it doesn't actually have a high smoke point.
Cheers,
/<evin

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#270 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y »

JDavisRoby wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:08 am I normally finish my sous vide steaks on the grill. With the winter storm not that keen in tending to it today. Thinking of a couple options for a few filets for a V Day dinner tonight.

- Butane torch - have one but don’t seem to have great luck with it. May just need practice.

You need a propane torch, not butane. The Bernzomatic TS8000/4000 are commonly recommended (there's no way I'm getting a weed torch!). Us the short green camping tanks and I recommend an extension hose to minimize stress on your arm (all available at Home Depot). The Searzall tip that a lot of people talk about is just too slow for steaks (but good for touching up poultry skin, melting cheese on burgers, etc.).
Cheers,
/<evin

Brian Curtis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#271 Post by Brian Curtis »

Andrew K. wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:12 am What's the mess with the cast iron?
A splatter screen doesn't catch all the grease, but it gets most of it. Then it goes into the dishwasher for cleanup. Caveat, we finish our steaks in a 14" cast iron pan with a 15" splatter screen. It has to go on top of the third rack in our Bosch Dishwasher. This might not work as well in all dishwashers for a splatter screen of that size. The range hood deals with the smoke.

I haven't done it myself, but when I've had steak finished with a torch it was excellent.

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#272 Post by JDavisRoby »

Brian Curtis wrote: February 14th, 2021, 10:55 am
Andrew K. wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:12 am What's the mess with the cast iron?
A splatter screen doesn't catch all the grease, but it gets most of it. Then it goes into the dishwasher for cleanup. Caveat, we finish our steaks in a 14" cast iron pan with a 15" splatter screen. It has to go on top of the third rack in our Bosch Dishwasher. This might not work as well in all dishwashers for a splatter screen of that size. The range hood deals with the smoke.

I haven't done it myself, but when I've had steak finished with a torch it was excellent.
I’ve used a splatter screen and it helps. Although once I had the pan so hot it partially melted the handle on our Oxo splatter screen.

That’s kind of what I was thinking of using the cast iron Dutch oven with the splatter screen.
Joshu@

Brian Curtis
GCC Member
GCC Member

#273 Post by Brian Curtis »

JDavisRoby wrote: February 14th, 2021, 1:09 pm That’s kind of what I was thinking of using the cast iron Dutch oven with the splatter screen.
That's a creative solution. The problem is that you will be fighting with trapped moisture. A shallow pan where the steaks are not crowded is best. You probably don't need it so hot you are melting your handles (that's hot!) Reducing the heat might help cut down on some smoke and mess.

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#274 Post by Tom G l a s g o w »

K_F_o_l_e_y wrote: February 14th, 2021, 10:12 am
JDavisRoby wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:08 am I normally finish my sous vide steaks on the grill. With the winter storm not that keen in tending to it today. Thinking of a couple options for a few filets for a V Day dinner tonight.

You need a propane torch, not butane. The Bernzomatic TS8000/4000 are commonly recommended (there's no way I'm getting a weed torch!). Us the short green camping tanks and I recommend an extension hose to minimize stress on your arm (all available at Home Depot). The Searzall tip that a lot of people talk about is just too slow for steaks (but good for touching up poultry skin, melting cheese on burgers, etc.).
Map-pro is more expensive but burns cleaner. Some complain about a gas smell with propane, but probably letting it burn off a few seconds after ignition would fix that.

Andrew K.
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#275 Post by Andrew K. »

The problem I have with a dutch oven is that the enameled surface isn't made for high heat searing the same way the skillet is.

However, I will say I feel your pain with your wife's complaints about splatter and smoke. I actually upgraded my vent hood to a ridiculously loud 1200 CFM Zephyr Monsoon specifically so I could sear steak and foie gras inside the house without setting off the smoke detectors. As far as the splatter, she complains every time about how big of a mess I make, but I think the quality of the meal makes up for it.
к𝓁ย𝐠

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#276 Post by JDavisRoby »

Ended up using the cast iron Dutch oven. Figured on a day where you’re supposed to be loved unconditionally (Or something like that) would be a good day to experiment. Used some bacon renderings and butter. Would be interested in trying the duck fat with this method.

These were prime grade filet cuts from a local butcher. Cut fresh Friday. Salted with alderwood smoked sea salt and fresh cracked pepper and left to sit in my fridge uncovered for about 48 hours. Salted and peppered again before vacuum packed and dropped in the sous vide bath.

Sous vide for 60 minutes at 124*. They were a bit more rare than this picture seems to show.

Wife and sons loved them. They were fork tender which is always good. Just a little bit of smoke flavor from the salt.
8D18C04D-6491-4567-9B27-8E49CA81050C.jpeg
77ED0C8D-1530-4804-85CF-FDE9D2C74C63.jpeg
Joshu@

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#277 Post by JDavisRoby »

Andrew K. wrote: February 14th, 2021, 5:18 pm The problem I have with a dutch oven is that the enameled surface isn't made for high heat searing the same way the skillet is.

However, I will say I feel your pain with your wife's complaints about splatter and smoke. I actually upgraded my vent hood to a ridiculously loud 1200 CFM Zephyr Monsoon specifically so I could sear steak and foie gras inside the house without setting off the smoke detectors. As far as the splatter, she complains every time about how big of a mess I make, but I think the quality of the meal makes up for it.
This was a lodge Dutch oven so no enamel.
Joshu@

Mich@el Ch@ng
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#278 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

I’m not understanding why you guys are sous viding prime steaks.

Reverse sear > sous vide for anything that doesn’t need tenderization.

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#279 Post by JDavisRoby »

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote: February 14th, 2021, 6:58 pm I’m not understanding why you guys are sous viding prime steaks.

What’s wrong with a fork tender filet with an interior texture that is great and has a solid crust on it?

Also, frees up the oven for some awesome Fleming’s potatoes.
Joshu@

Mich@el Ch@ng
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#280 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

JDavisRoby wrote: February 14th, 2021, 7:03 pm
Mich@el Ch@ng wrote: February 14th, 2021, 6:58 pm I’m not understanding why you guys are sous viding prime steaks.

What’s wrong with a fork tender filet with an interior texture that is great and has a solid crust on it?

I’m not fond of the texture that sous vide conveys to high quality meats.

Fire is always best, but given the nasty weather lately I’ve been resorting to sous vide more. Reverse sear will always give a much better crust because the SV process adds moisture, even if you dry it carefully.

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#281 Post by JDavisRoby »

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote: February 14th, 2021, 7:10 pm

Fire is always best, but given the nasty weather lately I’ve been resorting to sous vide more. Reverse sear will always give a much better crust because the SV process adds moisture, even if you dry it carefully.
I assumed the texture was your primary issue. I’ve never personally had that issue. Maybe because I don’t leave in the SV bath too long? Maybe meat isn’t high enough quality? The 60 minutes I left these was probably as long as I ever have. It’s normally 45 minutes tops at 124.

I did dry these pretty well and put back on a rack over a sheet pan to make sure not sitting in any moisture.

Reverse sear could’ve been better. Don’t know. I just know the wife and sons loved them so my job was complete. :)
Joshu@

Tom G l a s g o w
GCC Member
GCC Member

#282 Post by Tom G l a s g o w »

JDavisRoby wrote: February 14th, 2021, 7:31 pm

I assumed the texture was your primary issue. I’ve never personally had that issue. Maybe because I don’t leave in the SV bath too long? Maybe meat isn’t high enough quality? The 60 minutes I left these was probably as long as I ever have. It’s normally 45 minutes tops at 124.

I did dry these pretty well and put back on a rack over a sheet pan to make sure not sitting in any moisture.

Reverse sear could’ve been better. Don’t know. I just know the wife and sons loved them so my job was complete. :)
Can’t argue with results you like.

Scott G r u n e r

#283 Post by Scott G r u n e r »

This. I like sous vide to make tougher cuts tender. Chicken is hit or miss for me too, have had sous vide chicken breast that is just weird texturally.
//Cynic

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#284 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y »

The future is sous vide in a combi oven with no steam. Superior to reverse sear, superior to a water bath.

Actually, the future is now with an Anova Precision Oven.
Cheers,
/<evin

PeterJ
GCC Member
GCC Member

#285 Post by PeterJ »

I started this topic 2 1/2 years ago after a disappointing experience with a sous vide machine I got as a present. I think my issue was the ‘prep time’ as I was working most evenings and didn’t think setting the thing up hours ahead could be good. I tried again, this time with a Joule’, about 8 months ago, and with evenings free. This method is pretty amazing.

At first I had to get used to the really quick searing time as my brain kept thinking the protein needed to come up several degrees as it did when I did reverse sear on my grill. Also the kindof soft (almost rubbery) texture of the protein threw me off. I soon broke my old brain pattern and have since come to love the technique. I use it two or three times a week on everything from steaks to salmon.
Peter J@ckel

Mich@el Ch@ng
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#286 Post by Mich@el Ch@ng »

This thread did finally motivate me to order a precision oven, fwiw.

K_F_o_l_e_y
GCC Member
GCC Member

#287 Post by K_F_o_l_e_y »

Mich@el Ch@ng wrote: February 15th, 2021, 9:12 am This thread did finally motivate me to order a precision oven, fwiw.
In that case, can I point you towards the r/CombiSteamOvenCooking group I started on Reddit? It has more than 1000 members, at least 60 of whom own the Anova Precision Oven according to a recent poll.

https://www.reddit.com/r/CombiSteamOvenCooking/
Cheers,
/<evin

Anton D
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#288 Post by Anton D »

Scott G r u n e r wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:00 pm
This. I like sous vide to make tougher cuts tender. Chicken is hit or miss for me too, have had sous vide chicken breast that is just weird texturally.
Agree for tenderness!

Our local super market (Raley’s) carries choice grade local beef and they sell two-pound ribeyes with almost no visible marbling in the main steak. After a nice Sous Vide, that are fantastically tender and full of flavor. We go about 4 hours and then sear. (We cook to about 125 degrees on these.)
Anton Dotson

What is man, when you come to think upon him, but a minutely set, ingenious machine for turning, with infinite artfulness, the fine red wine of Shiraz into urine?

Jay Miller
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#289 Post by Jay Miller »

Anton D wrote: February 15th, 2021, 5:15 pm
Scott G r u n e r wrote: February 14th, 2021, 8:00 pm
Agree for tenderness!

Our local super market (Raley’s) carries choice grade local beef and they sell two-pound ribeyes with almost no visible marbling in the main steak. After a nice Sous Vide, that are fantastically tender and full of flavor. We go about 4 hours and then sear. (We cook to about 125 degrees on these.)
Sous vide is my method of choice for choice. Appropriately enough. As with Michael I prefer reverse sear for prime+ though sous vide doesn't yield a bad result. I just think rs is better.
Ripe fruit isn't necessarily a flaw.

CGlescher

#290 Post by CGlescher »

The grade of the meat doesn't determine whether or not I sous vide something, but the type/cut of the meat does. Somethings needs fire/smoke and somethings don't.
C h r i s

Steve Crawford

#291 Post by Steve Crawford »

the other night i tried a new routine which i liked. i did my usual routine of: 24 hours out, pat dry as possible, salt heavily. put on cooling rack in sheet pan in fridge to dry out.
90 min or so before cooking, pat dry again if needed. put steaks in freezer for 30ish minutes. heat up cast iron like you're trying to set off your smoke alarm. slather on mayo on 1 side of 1 steak. sear for approximately 45 seconds. repeat with mayo on opposite side.
following sears, i sous vide with a little butter and pepper then. i never sear with pepper on yet.
the reason for the freezing is it keeps inside from gaining temp during the searing. mayo for a sear really works, no ill effects. butter for searing just adds water and reduces sear. one of the better sears i've ever done.
as the porcupine said to the stewardess, `very carefully’- Dr. Adam Bricker

JDavisRoby
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#292 Post by JDavisRoby »

Steve Crawford wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 1:51 pm

the other night i tried a new routine which i liked. i did my usual routine of: 24 hours out, pat dry as possible, salt heavily. put on cooling rack in sheet pan in fridge to dry out.
90 min or so before cooking, pat dry again if needed. put steaks in freezer for 30ish minutes. heat up cast iron like you're trying to set off your smoke alarm. slather on mayo on 1 side of 1 steak. sear for approximately 45 seconds. repeat with mayo on opposite side.
following sears, i sous vide with a little butter and pepper then. i never sear with pepper on yet.
the reason for the freezing is it keeps inside from gaining temp during the searing. mayo for a sear really works, no ill effects. butter for searing just adds water and reduces sear. one of the better sears i've ever done.
What kind of Mayo?

ETA: I use Mayo sometimes when making grilled sandwiches.
Joshu@

Andrew K.
Monopole Crü
Monopole Crü

#293 Post by Andrew K. »

The best mayo is homemade of course, with a touch of chile oil.
к𝓁ย𝐠

Steve Crawford

#294 Post by Steve Crawford »

JDavisRoby wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 3:23 pm
Steve Crawford wrote: February 23rd, 2021, 1:51 pm

What kind of Mayo?

ETA: I use Mayo sometimes when making grilled sandwiches.
im in NC so dukes. but otherwise it’s be hellmans. full fat of course.
as the porcupine said to the stewardess, `very carefully’- Dr. Adam Bricker

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”