Costco PSA: SRF Brisket $4.99 A Pound

F6F21020-9685-438F-9B50-8E354FA61BC7.jpeg

No chance they have that at mine.

Got 2 yesterday. One is ready for the smoker tomorrow

Wow. That’s a hell of a good deal…

That’s a crazy good deal. No chance I get that at mine either.

I’m curious to hear how much better you guys like this than their prime briskets. I’m not sure I can tell a difference between choice and prime brisket after cooking for 10 hours.

I picked up some NY steaks at our local store. Cane out excellent

Not necessarily better, but different. It is noticeable as it can have the Wagyu sweetness to it.

One thing to take note of is that they cook markedly faster since the fat melts around 80 deg F

West LA had it as well. Along with tritip for $15/lb and NY strip for $25/lb. The latter was father’s day dinner. Delicious.

Finally getting around to smoking one of these Saturday for dinner at Uncle Denny’s. I will try and report back times and temps vs. a USDA Prime.

Have a 14 pounder that will get an overnight rub of just sea salt and telicherry pepper 50:50 with post oak for smoke.

How did it go?

Sorry, lost track of this post.

As expected, it cooked quite a bit faster than a Prime brisket @ about 45 minutes per pound. Very, very good and we had none left for about 15-16 people at dinner. I will say that the Wagyu brisket does need more salt than one would expect to help fight the richness of the fat.