BRUSSELS SPROUTS

I had some leftover of Guanciale and Brussel sprouts for quite some time in the freezer and I thought its time to make something with this rustic vegetable. In addition I bought some dates from my Turkish vegetable shop. At the end it was surprising to see that you could make something very sublime with such a rustic vegetable like Brussels sprouts. Serve it with a duck breast.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=4867
veggie.jpg
ENJOY
Martin

Yay!

I think there is nothing on earth more intensely green than Brussels Sprouts coated with olive oil and just starting to saute!

We make a version with halves sprouts, artichoke heart quarters, olive oil, and a pinch of salt, sauteed until we want to eat them.

MMMM.

Maybe my wife’s favorite vegetable dish.

Thank you for suggesting the duck!

In this case your wife will love this dish.

Brussel sprouts always for an easy and very good side. I find my wife asking for them often. Olive oil, shallots, garlic, black pepper, salt, and bacon! Took me a while to figure out the timing of each component while roasting, but it turns out great.

Chop them up. A little olive oil and/or butter, some truffle salt. Put in aluminum foil basket, and put them on the grill.

All. Summer. Long.

And yes, they pair well with duck breast. And pork tenderloin.

My wife will chop, sauté, and then put a over easy egg. The yolk adds so much