Osso Buco

Surfing various recipes, all use tomato paste and half use canned tomatoes, rest use wine and broth. Have some really fabulous D’Artsgnan veal and want to show it off. Suggestions

The best Osso Bucco I have ever had was at a family run Italian restaurant and they used a high volume of white wine and cooked on low heat over night. They told me that teh authentic Osso Bucco is always with white wine.
Having said that this is the recipe that I like most and uses red wine!
https://www.cooked.com.au/Stefano-de-Pieri/Hardie-Grant-Books/Modern-Italian-Food/Poultry-and-meat/Osso-buco-recipe?redirau=1

Critical to a good Osso Bucco is the Gremolata.

I should add that I add fresh thyme and bay leaves and I find a better result when cooked in the oven slowly say at 140C (280F)

I’m a no tomato fan. Milanese style I believe it is referred to. I use white wine, homemade veal stock. Serve with a risotto. Agree with a bit of fresh thyme as well.

Throw in some Parmesan cheese rinds, during the final braise. Be sure to add some anchovies or Thai fish sauce.
As alternative braising liquid, try a very dark beer, perhaps diluted with some orange juice, for balancing acidity.

Like the anchovy idea, and I think I am going tomato free.