SPICY CHICKEN SKEWER

I am in the Morocco mood right now with books to read by Edith Wharton “In Morocco” and Christine Mangan “Tangerine” and just started the thriller “The man between” by Charles Cumming.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=4856
IMG_6344.JPG
IMG_6347.JPG

ENJOY
Martin

Tried this today. Definitely a recipe worth pursuing, but I found not enough spice without adding the pepper flakes, and the oil was twice as much as I needed. Will adjust and try again.

It depends on what kind of harissa paste you use. I used a special hot harissa paste with a lot of cumin and chili.

Thank you Martin. I will search for a new Harissa - I have had a couple in the house, and they have varied a fair amount. I did not add the chili pepper flakes as I did not want to burn out my palate. I have plenty of the oil/spice mixture left. I will pump it up and throw more chicken in there for another meal. Tabouli was perfect with it- I balanced it all with a nice yogurt for a lighter touch than the hummus.

I wonder what the recipe would taste like with the elimination of oil? Treat it like a dry-rub. Leave in the fridge overnight. Could then brush the chicken lightly with oil before grilling.