Need to replace my Thermapen

My Thermapen has disappeared. It probably accidentally fell in the garbage during dinner prep two weeks ago and we did not notice. I am hopeless without it and I am about to replace it. Yes, it is more expensive that the cheap Polder pieces of junk, but after throwing out a dozen assorted items over the years, I concluded that the Thermapen was worth the ticket. Just curious whether anyone has a recommendation for something even better. When it comes to a quick read large readout meat thermometer, I do not want to take a chance with “it’s almost as good and it’s only half the price.” I prefer to skimp on other things because accuracy and speed is what I need at the end of a six day battle to make the World’s Greatest Brisket

I’ve got the original Thermapen (from a eBob group purchase) and a new one that has the flipable LCD display
as a lefty the original was hard to use (display upside down) the new one changes the display to however you are holding it!
I’ve not found a better product out there…

I have been using this , from ThermoWorks for a year with no problems;
ChefAlarm includes unit, 6-inch Pro-Series High Temp Cooking Probe with 47-inch cable, SS Probe Clip, Operating Instructions, and Padded Zip Wallet that neatly holds everything.

Rated #1 by Cook’s Country

2-year Warranty

I bought a less expensive version on Amazon a couple years ago and it works great.

I use house guests to test for under-cooked food.

I use the updated thermapen. My original got wet inside and corroded. There probably are cheaper alternatives but I use the thermapen a lot.

I use a ThermanPen competitor after my idiot brother left mine outside. Javelin. 1/3 or 1/4 the ThermaPen price so I bought 2…very pleased so far

I have both and the Javelin is a better deal and performs great.

Javelin has a shorter probe.

Since upgrading from the lousy Polder I used to have I’ve never looked back from my Thermapen. It works great so I haven’t bothered looking into other alternatives.

Thermapen is one of the few perfect devices.

You’re not referring to the one that I threatened to shove up the $!&% of the CEO of Polder, are you? I have a Polder scale and I love it but the Polder thermometers, of which I had many, were all PsOS.

I disagree. I went through 2. 1 with a battery door issue that somehow was not under warranty the second just stopped working.

Like Chris I switched to Javelin. I also bought a Mister Chefer waterproof which I am not fond of. Reads slowly and inaccurately.

George

Just saw Javelin PRO is an Amazon lightning deal right now. $38.50. I’m sorely tempted.

Javelin is the one I have.

Warning regarding ThermoWorks products at Amazon, eBay and other sites Less

The lowest internet prices for ThermoWorks products are available at thermoworks.com and through special offers received by subscribers to ThermoWorks emails.

Amazon, eBay, walmart.com, sears.com and their sellers are NOT Authorized Dealers. There are unscrupulous sellers at those sites who have purchased ThermoWorks products at retail prices and are then re-selling them at significantly elevated prices, sometimes 2 to 4 times the Authorized List Price. After receiving numerous complaints from customers who were victimized by those listings, we felt it was important to do what we could to warn unsuspecting consumers.

Furthermore, we have received a growing number of complaints that such sellers are offering counterfeit, copycat, stolen units, and “Open-Box” units as authentic NEW ThermoWorks products. Thus, from January 1st of 2016, technical support and warranty coverage are only available on ThermoWorks products that are purchased direct from ThermoWorks or from ThermoWorks’ Authorized Dealers. In this way we know the consumer is fully protected and we can protect our reputation for treating customers fairly. Extended Info

I bought both of mine directly from ThermoWorks.

Geore