Martin Berasategui - My best 3 Michelin Star Experience to date

I had a 60th celebration at Martin Berasategui. The food was the best I have ever had. Bursting with flavors. Intense. Beautiful presentations. A special treat to meet the chef and receive a chef’s jacket with my birth date on it signed by the chef. The aromas and textures were sublime. The service was flawless. I don’t have enough superlatives to describe this meal. Bravo!
CANDLES.jpg
lobster salad.jpg
jacket.jpg

Where’s the lobster?

Had an amazing meal there a few years ago, too. Then the next day, on a holiday weekend, the somm got us in to a fully booked Elkano.

Would love to return.

LOL. It is small but present. A beautiful presentation.

congratulations on your birthday. What wines did you drink?

Loved seeing this on FB as well. Bravo sir.

Suzanne. We had a Selosse Initial next to a 2005 Cava from a small producer from Catalunya. Very interesting comparison. We had two wines suggested by the sommelier for white. One was from Rias Baixas. Very crisp precise. The other was a skin contact wine from below Catalunya from a grape I didn’t know. Red grape but white wine with skin contact. Almost like an orange wine in color. Fascinating. Complex. We had a 2003 Unico for red. It was showing very well.

Happy Birthday, Don!
Well done.

Happy birthday!
We have fried chicken and Champagne for you when you return.

Yes!

Happy birthday Don!

Don,

First, Happy birthday!

Second, you should take the chef’s jacket (and the menu if you have it) to a great frame shop and have them frame it up for you. My wife have taken about 10 menus from some of our most memorable meals and have had them framed. They are now art on our dining room walls. Not the actual menu items, but the artwork on the menu covers that are often there at the high end meals.

Thanks Mike. This is a great idea.

Happy B-Day Don!!!

Thanks for all the birthday wishes!