Why Haven't The Food Police Critiqued Starbucks?

Millions of people get their sugar fix daily at Starbucks. We’ve had Chinese food, movie popcorn, pizza, and others nutrionally critiqued. Why hasn’t Starbucks been scrutinized? Any ideas?

A Venti Blonde Roast contains 475mg of caffeine.

12 oz. of Classic Coke has 34mg.

It would take 14 Cokes to equal the caffeine in that one Starbucks.

I think I would die if I had that cup of coffee.

Hell, a Venti decaf at Starbucks has 30mg of caffeine!

White chocolate Frappuccino® roast coffee, milk and ice get together for what might be the best thing that happens to you all day. Oh and there’s whipped cream on top.

Nutrition Facts Per Serving (16 fl oz)
Calories 520 Calories from Fat 140
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16g 25%
Saturated Fat 10g 50%
Trans Fat 0g
Cholesterol 50mg 17%
Sodium 250mg 10%
Total Carbohydrate 65g 22%
Dietary Fiber 0g 0%
Sugars 64g
Protein 5g
Caffeine 90mg**
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
**Each caffeine value is an approximate value.
See ingredient and allergen information below.

Nutrition information is calculated based on our standardized recipes. Because our beverages are handcrafted and may be customized, exact information may vary.

Lots of people comment negatively about Charbucks; price, calories, etc. Lots of food are criticized, direct/produce your own Supersize Me if you like.

I have a friend whose daughter went off to college and he found 450 bucks of Starbucks charges on her first month’s CC bill. He asked what up and was told, “Two Frapaccinos per day, why?”

That’s only $125 for each pound of excess weight, bargain.

998B69A4-C290-4B06-B25C-CD0DED00EA66.png
Since the cardiologist took me off most caffeine my Starbucks go-to is a Grande Low-fat Double Chocolate Chip Frappuccino with no whipped cream. Pretty tasty… considering.

You’re upset about the diversity training, huh?

I’ve seen lots of nutrition articles criticizing Starbucks specialty drinks. But, it’s not rocket science, I don’t recall seeing criticism of chocolate peanut butter cup pies, either.

-Al

:wink:

Well done.

Most of the food police won’t “eat” there.

Are consumers responsible for understanding and choosing their own food, or is a third party on their behalf?

exactly, no one is forcing whipped cream on your coffee…you can easily choose a cold brew with 5-10 calories

I’ll never get the spoofilated Starbuckized coffee everyone is drinking these days. I’m a traditionalist, dark roast with a splash of milk to take the heat off. Plus I manage to save at least 3 days a year in time I do not spend waiting in line for coffee fat laden artery clogging coffee drink and about $2k/yr by making my own coffee at home.

Might I cynically suggest the “pass” may have something to do with Starbucks’ vocal and longstanding advocacy for “progressive” politics?

More likely because criticizing a coffee chain for dispensing caffeine is silly. You don’t see a lot of people wasting time complaining that Dunkin’ Donuts products are fattening, either.

Fair enough, John, but but why would silliness deter the food police?

Have you by any chance heard that there could very well be an epidemic of diabetes in this country? 64 grams of sugar in one 16 oz drink, c’mon.

FIFY

No one eats at Starbucks?