anyone know this Paris restaurant?

Found this restaurant about one block from where we will be staying.

Sounds like my kind of place based on the owner’s behavior (and a lot cheaper than L’Ami Louis).
Look at the bad reviews only:

from yelp:
The man is crazy! Crazy good at cooking, but unfortunately also crazy RUDE. We don’t live in the EU and don’t have plans to visit again any time soon, so we paid our dinner bill in cash with a few extra coins. Those few extra coins set him off into a rage, and he starting yelling at us in French for several minutes instead of simply telling us that he didn’t want coins. There were two other tables of diners in the restaurant who were also non-French speaking, and one couple who spoke French. We asked the French-speaking couple to translate into English for us, but she said that it would not be appropriate to translate what he was yelling. We left with a bitter taste in our mouths after what should have been an enjoyable meal.
Was he being racist, as other reviews have stated? Quite possibly.

We were recommended to eat here and looking forward to it. Unless you’re fluent in French, I would not recommend it. We were seated in the direct sun in the window during a heat wave. Some restaurants have AC, this isn’t one of them. We tried to order but we couldn’t ask questions. The owner came over and yelled at us. At that point, I asked to pay for the drinks. It was embarrassing. This was our worst experience after 10 days in France.
Racist.

A group of us found this restaurant through Yelp and we we very excited because of the rave reviews. We walked and looked for the restaurant and were delighted to finally found it hidden in the beautiful Parisian style buildings. We walked in and the waitress greeted us before setting the table for 4 and we were about to sit down but suddenly the owner I presume saw us and yelled at the waitress in French. Everyone in the restaurant turned to look at us and the waitress told us that we had to leave. We were very confused but quickly realized that the only reason they were telling us to leave was because we are asians and not anything else.

Very disappointed. We understand that Chinese tourists may have given the french bad reputation of being loud and rude and uncivilized and yes we may look chinese but we are not. Extremely racist and unacceptable.

Absolutely terrible. Avoid unless you want to support discrimination.

I went with my girlfriend, who has Celiac disease. The waiter was at first very helpful, explaining the menu in English. However, when we asked the waiter to help us choose dishes that were gluten-free (we also provided him a written card explaining Celiac disease in French), he became very hostile and began speaking loudly to us in French. We asked the table next to us to translate - “he says he will not serve you, that you need to leave”. He continued repeating himself until we left. The whole restaurant was staring at us as the waiter made a scene.

rustic food but that’s OK

Does anyone have any knowledge of/experience with this restaurant.

You have to go there!

When you get there, speak very loudly, say the same thing over and over, louder and louder, so you can overcome the language barrier and he will understand you.

Try a few Spanish words or adding an “Oh” sound at the end of each word.

Go with, “Dos baguettes sees voos please, with butter-oh. Veet! Veet!”

If you have a cowboy hat, wear that.

Pre-emptive rudeness, baby.

link doesn’t work for me
restaurant name?

Sorry to be a wet blanket, but I am not sure overt racism is funny in any way. It is one thing to be indiscriminantly flagrantly rude or eccentric ( a la the soup nazi) but this is a whole nother thing.

Funny, the least favorable reviews are from Parisians.

so can op come back and explain?