150th tabasco

i still have a few drops of what i believe was the 140th which was touted on the other board.
so ten years later and you have this. a little more expensive than the 140th iirc

https://countrystore.tabasco.com/TABASCO-150th-Anniversary-Diamond-Reserve-Red-Sauce/productinfo/00150/

Thanks for the heads up, Mark. I got 3 bottles. Sure loved the 140th edition, and that one sold out quickly. After they sold out at the store for $25, they came out for sale on ebay for $100. [shock.gif]

Is it really that much better than regular tabasco?

the 140th certainly was

In for a quad pack !

I missed out on 140, but am in for 150 thanks to you!

Very grateful for your heads up! [cheers.gif]

Grabbed three to get the free shipping. Thanks for the heads up!

Pricing is a bit dear. I got a gallon of the regular Tabasco for just a bit more

the 140th certainly was[/quote

Thanks Mark. I’m going to try it.

In for 3

Has anyone tried their’s yet?

How does it compare to the 140th?

I would love to try this, but buying it feels like FOMO more than anything else. I am trying to do less FOMO.

It’s pretty good.

Not as vinegary as regular, a bit more complex on the pepper flavors.

There’s a kinship, but it’s clearly a step of from the regular sauce. Spicer, more layered and deep, tangy, and just better put together. I’m not sure it’s worth a 10Xish price for taste alone, but my 3 bottles should at least keep me with enough for a very long time… I don’t need 10, or 30.

Yes, it is a step up from the regular. A bit more complex. But I agree that I am not sure it is worth the premium price. I think if you are really into hot sauces, then it is probably worth it. I like hot sauces, but it is more of an accompaniment and less of a main focus for me in a dish. I guess I would rather spend the money on a good bottle of wine!

Scott…

As you no doubt have figured out, there is a 10 year waiting list for this, and how better to feel elite/superior than to own one bottle of this magical elixir.

Since I like you, you can cure your FOMO anxiety, and I will flip one of my rare, rare bottles your way for a steal of a price - $62.50 + shipping, ownership transfers upon shipping, yada, yada, yada.

You’re welcome

Mods - please DO NOT move this post to Commerce Corner, as the onslaught of queries would be overwhelming.

First, thanks mark for the heads up as I missed it last time. I’m with everyone else who says it definitely a notch up in flavor and complexity but probably not really worth $35 for more than curiosity. I don’t use the regular much as it’s thin on flavor and not hot enough, but do buy the habernero and like it quite a bit. I bought the scorpion with this order and it’s actually ridiculously hot, but maybe I can mix that into a gallon of the regular or something.

I tried mine on a cracker this morning. I agree that it’s hotter and more complex than the regular Tabasco, but not really worth the price. I’m still glad that I have my 2 bottles and am looking forward to trying it on other foods. I typically use Tabasco on eggs or anything that seems to need a bit of heat and a bit more salt. I see it as a condiment that happens to be spicy more than a hot sauce.

LOL, me too. I had some in my cart and then realized I was being stupid. It was a rare moment of clarity for me. I need to get K&L to customize their website so I have to click an “I understand this is stupid” box before I buy.

Now I’ve tried this on eggs and in a simple sauce for crabcakes. It was great for both applications, actually better than I expected after sampling it on a cracker. I’d buy it again.