Best wine service
Seamless food presentation
Perfect product.
Just wow!

What did you order?

For lunch…

White Asparagus with Ricotta Cream
Halibut

Razor Clam Crudo and Fusilli with bone marrow/octopus for dinner.
Also had the Bronzino for two with my wife for the dinner. Fantastic!

Desserts were also good.

We went back for the lunch after a dinner. It was that good.

For wine I had by the glass 2014 Michel Niellon Chassagne Montrachet Clos St Jean (lunch and dinner) and for dinner 2015 d’Angerville Volnay Clos des Ducs.
Young but fantastic.

BTW, not sure how much longer that white asparagus dish will be there but it is worth the trip just for that one.

You don’t need to convince me.
There was a ten day period in which I had seven or eight meals there.

Butter!

One of our favorites. When we went back after a year and a half hiatus Arnold took one bite of the fusilli and said, “Oh, how I’ve missed you.”

But you visited NYC without asking for an offline to be organized for you? Don’t do that.

Thanks Jay.
I had a really busy week with a meeting at the Marquis. Our World Congress of Regional Anesthesia.
After a couple of plays and dinners with my wife, I had a full week with no extra time. Next time! Hope all is well with you.

No worries, next time sounds good :slight_smile:

Jay, I tried to talk him into it but couldn’t.

Marea is awesome. In addition to the great food, the wine list is interesting and insightful. The first time I was there they introduced me to the Corsican winery Abbatucci and the notion of red wines with Fish. (For those who haven’t had them, I find that Abbatucci reds have an element of salinity to them which pairs well with heavier fish like simple Salmon).

Go to Le Bernardin for lunch.

I like Marea so much I moved upstairs in the same building! Lol

Another huge fan of Marea here. My wife and I usually do a few crudos to start, share a few pastas, salt baked branzino and the doughnuts for dessert.

Have to say though, my best meal ever in NYC was Brooklyn Fare.

+1 for Brooklyn Fare as my fav…
EMP, Atera, Bianca… all better than my Marea experience… i find Marea solid, delicious, and all in all great 1 star level experience… but not at the 2 star level.

I enjoyed this more than EMP. I will have to try Brooklyn Fare

Brooklyn Fare, Atera, EMP and Blanca are a totally different type of dining experience than Marea.

Marea versus Brooklyn Fare/Atera/Blanca…? For me, they are not at all comparable. By that I don’t mean one is so very much better than the other, but rather that they are very different kinds of dining experiences and kitchens. It really depends on what kind of meal you’re looking for, and what kind of surroundings you enjoy. I have a preference for the experience at Blanca over the dining room at Marea (love the bar, though), but I had my wedding lunch at Marea, when I wanted to ensure superb food that would not scare any of the less adventurous eaters in our families and would sufficiently honor the occasion.

haha - our posts crossed! But exactly agree.

The Bar at Marea is fantastic and a godsend if I need a place for lunch or in that area.