Asheville NC recommendations please

I’ve pulled a few from old posts - Curate, Zambra Tapas, Flying Frog Cafe - but my wife is headed out for a reunion trip, centered around Asheville NC. Looking for ‘cool atmosphere’, not terribly pricey restaurants that come recommended by the Berserkers (at her request!)

Great city. Lot’s of options. I have had 2 wonderful meals at Curate and 1 solid meal. We have an annual trip and one of my employees (who you know) always has to make a stop at Mayfels for breakfast or early lunch.

I have had some good meals at Rezaz http://rezaz.com/. Some nice creative wines. But the staff including bar staff are complete dufases when it comes to wine, so DO NOT listen to them or take their advice.

Jason

White Duck Taco
Chai Pani
Nightbell (Katie Button’s other place)

thanks, all!

Love Asheville!

Outside of what’s been mentioned:

Ghan Shan Station is a very cool-hipster-causal East Asian fusion place with serious food from a chef with a pedigree.

And Buxton Hall BBq is top notch East Carolina-style from James Beard nominees. Whole hog deliciousness.

As mentioned, Curate and Nightbell are tops.

Mucho IPAs en Asheville. You’ll be happier than a pig in…IPAs.

Try reading the OP again

Ahhh, she going stag. Nais.

Sunny Point Cafe for breakfast/lunch/brunch…it’s a bohemian family cafe with killer home cooked morning after fare, house made cocktails, sprawling garden scene. Very local, great artsy vibe

Love the Admiral. She going to the spa at the Grove Park?

Another vote for the Admiral. Curate books fast. But you can eat at the bar for lunch or dinner.

OMG, too many to choose. My directions assume they will stay directly downtown, but there are many good VRBO/Air B&B options not far away.

Curate (can walk to, great atmosphere, Spanish tapas, this is the best of the best IMO)
The Nightbell (can walk to, great atmosphere, American tapas, this is the 2nd best of the best IMO)
The Admiral (short drive - excellent, cool atmosphere, eclectic food)
Ghan Shan Station (short drive/long walk) an old gas station, very hipster, funky asian cuisine)
Chai Pani (medium walk, very good mostly vegetarian Indian)
White Duck taco (can walk to, crazy good tacos, good lunch stop)
Zambra (excellent)
Limones (can walk to, great upscale Mexican)
For drinks:
Battery Park Book Exchange & Champagne Bar (medium walk, its a bookstore with a great Champagne selection)

http://batteryparkbookexchange.com/

wow, apparently a LOT of options! Now I want to go!

I haven’t even gotten to the best part of Asheville…the breweries. Sierra Nevada, Oskar Blues, New Belgium, Wicked Weed, Green Man, Highland, Hi-Wire, I could go on.

It’s a cool town, a little gritty, lots of bums, art stores everywhere.

If they want an unusual experience there is Skybar. Basically, you ride an elevator up several flights, get off and go to the now decommissioned fire escape. They turned it into a 3 story bar that is 95% outside. Really weird, but pretty cool on a nice day.

Mellow Mushroom for ok pizza ad good beer selection. Definitely not pricey and I think the atmosphere is cool, though probably not for everyone.

Skybar was fun

Barley’s Taproom for better pizza and a better beer selection.

The best pizza at Mellow Mushroom was the Philosopher’s Pizza and they took it off the menu. Such a shame.