Grilling Cleaning solutions for a heavily used grill

Figured with the amount of grillers on here that I would get some great advice.

I use my grill over 100 times a year, and cleaning it can be a bear. A lot of that could revolve on my use of marinade and sauce, but I was wondering what others due, instead of having to do as much cleaning as I do.

Not sure if it matters, but it’s a Weber Summit gas grill.

I slowly bring my grill up to full temp, all burners and let it go until it stops smoking(all the fats and oil burn off). Then I let it cool and brush and scrape all parts clean.

^. This

IBID

The one caveat: if you have a LOT of actual grease underneath, you do risk having it ignite and keep burning so you lose control.

If you are lucky.

All of the above and a really good wire brush

I will occasionally call a professional to come steam clean it piece by piece. Looks brand new after.

Easy off. Put grates in a bag and let it do it’s stuff/

How much does that cost?

Grill cleaning? What’s that?

I use these things:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003SFOCPS

Try calling this place, Ian.

In addition to the above, I put them in the dishwasher when my wife is not home…

The professional / heavy duty is good stuff. I’ll spray the inside with it.

Around my neck of the woods about $100. They spend about 3-4 hours blasting away and cleaning piece by piece.

I use a pressure washer on it in the spring.

I use a pressure washer on it in the spring.

And if you hook it up to hot water, it does a fantastic job. Do that after some Easy-Off and you’re good.

I have my sugar momma buy me a new one every year.

For the inside: Full temp to burn everything and then scrap and brush the grates. Let it cool off and scoop the crud out of the bottom.

For the outside: Simple Green and a wash cloth.

I’ve also come to grips with the fact that outdoor grilles are terminal pieces of cooking equipment. Mine (Weber guy) last 10-15 years depending on use and abuse.

+1. Close the cover. Cover the grill with aluminum foil, shiny side down, when you heat it. Just make sure that the drip pan is empty, because this gets VERY hot and can start a grease fire,