Maui — Best Food and Cocktails

We’ll be in Maui in a couple weeks and I’d love to know where to get good food and better drinks. Mostly interested in tropical style cocktails.

We will be in the Lahaina/Kaanapali area.

Any thoughts about solid food and killer cocktails? Or even just killer drinks for before/after dinner?

Thanks

Scott

Monkeypod down in Wailea has outstanding cocktails and pretty good food. No view though. Closer by in whalers village, Leilani’s is right off the beach and has a decent happy hour with live music.

I like paia fish market for fish taco/sandwich and a beer. They now have one in Lahaina too

There’s a monkeypod in whaler’s village now.

Honu
Mala

Excellent beverages at The Mill House in Waikapu, especially if Mari is behind the bar. She does tropical drinks that are splendid.

Visited Monkeypod last week, great cocktails, very good food. Star Noodle is always excellent.

Bartender at Humble Market Kitchin in Wailea made great cocktails on back to back nights last week, but that is in Wailea.

Hope you have better weather than we did.

Was gonna say the same thing.

Miso Phat in Kahana (just across a parking lot from Maui Brewing Co.).

hole-in-the-wall sushi joint, with maybe the best fish i’ve ever had. seats maybe 20 people, and doesn’t server beer/wine.

however, there is a liquor store (literally) next door that has a good selection of beers and decent sake. we brought a 750ml of sake, two 22oz IPA, and a six pack of beer…corkage was $5 for the lot.

i’d plan on getting there earlier than later, otherwise there’s gonna be a long line at lunchtime.

This

We really enjoyed Mama’s Fish House, near the airport.