Baltimore Restaurants for Next Week

Will be in the Inner Harbor (?) area Sunday through Friday for work. Would appreciate recommendations for something other than a chain.

THX

Charleston on Lancaster Street is the best and probably the most expensive in the city. Well worth the tariff. Three course with wine is $135 each etc.

Cheers,
Curt

While I haven’t been there, Rye Street Tavern (Andrew Carmellini) has gotten excellent reviews. Been to his other restaurants and they’re all good to very good.

the Woodberry Kitchen is solid https://www.woodberrykitchen.com/menu/
and if you are in the mood for a good crabcake Pappas Seafood in Parkville MD https://pappasparkville.com/

Black Olive has excellent seafood with a Mediterranean bent. Better for lunch - same food, generous portions, and better prices. Very delicious.

And +1 Charleston, though I usually hit Black Olive when I’m back in town.

And for terrific pastries, hit up Pattisserie Poupon. They have locations in Georgetown (DC) and a ritzier retail location in Baltimore, but the location on E. Baltimore St is their actual bakery and has a walk-up counter. Terrific Viennoisserie, including yummy almond croissants. Ask for Bostock hidden behind the counter, but only if you’re there early. At 7, the bakers are just finishing for the day.

And for great cannoli, you have to go Vaccaro’s in Little Italy.

Thanks for all the good recommendations everybody. On the plane now and do some research when I get to hotel.

A few more suggestions…

Cinghiale is good Italian right in Harbor East. Good wine list as it is owned by the local wine guru.

Bottega is good BYO (with a low corkage fee) Italian a short cab ride north of the harbor. Bin 604 (Owned by Cinghiale and Charleston family), in Harbor East, would be a good spot to find a bottle.

The Helmand, Salt, Brewer’s Art, and Henninger’s are all local institutions and very Baltimore if you are looking for local flavor.

805FF83E-3729-4F99-A299-AA1207598772.jpeg
Been a rough work week so no real chance to get out for a good dinner (coming back next week). I did get out in the slush today for Chaps Pit Beef.

I second Woodberry Kitchen.

Curious, as I’ll be in Baltimore in Sept this year…