Who likes it RAW?

My wife and I m, at one point, had some form of tartare 6 out of 7 nights, and the one food we really bonded over was Kitfo - Ethiopian steak tartare. Made some tonight, fiery as hell with berbere and fenugreek and coriander, nd thought I’d start a thread about all things raw meat… share your recipes and revelations!
EFEF0DEA-34CF-44DD-8600-F437BB793719.jpeg

Is that the meal coming, or going?

I had Kibbeh nayyeh (lamb) with my brother a few times in Dubai. Loved it, and when you order it the waiters start to take you seriously.

So will the lambs, too. [snort.gif]

can we chat about raw wine instead? [snort.gif] [stirthepothal.gif] [smileyvault-ban.gif] [cheers.gif]

I vote medium rare.

I love steak tartare. And kitfo is great. Ethiopian BYOB can be pretty fantastic - good opportunity to break out the Rieslings!

Love tartare, carpaccio, kibbeh… Lafayette has been great for a totally standard cafe style tartare in NYC. The raw menu at Takashi is also great, especially the Namagimo. I should really start doing raw kibbeh at home from the great local lamb we have been getting.

I have had raw chicken in Tokyo quite a few times now, shame nobody is doing it in NYC (that I know of). Here’s my most recent raw chicken platter (on the top left):

https://www.instagram.com/p/BGeMaYxPwiU/?taken-by=tcavallo