Immersion Blender rec needed

Looking for some recs on a decent immersion blender – does anyone have a favorite and/or models to avoid? Looking to spend >$150, preferably around $100.

I have a Bamix and I love it, but it depends on what you are going to use it for. Bamix is a bit of an acquired taste and many people dislike it, but I killed two cheap ones before I got it and it has survived about ten years…

Looks fantastic but $200 is a bit more spendy than I was thinking for this…OP now edited to include price qualifier.

Pretty sure ours is a Cuisinart. It was maybe $30 and it works great.

This is what I have used for years. Works great https://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CSB-75BC-Blender-Brushed-Chrome/dp/B00ARQVM5O/ref=sr_1_3_acs_twc_TWC9997_3?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1516489255&sr=1-3-acs&keywords=immersion+blender&tag=ospsearch-20&ascsubtag=TWC9997

Depends on your needs. There are no extras but I never use those anyway. I am a heavy user of this thing.

Jason

I have a Bamix Classic, which used to run under $100, but the cost of the different blades pushes that over.
Bed Bath & Beyond seems to have lots of products at different price points, so that might help comparison shop.
Looks like there’s a model called Mono, with 3 of the attachments included in a set price.

Lots of different brands with pretty cool accessories, though.

Thx guys, appreciate the recommendations so far.

Serious Eats tested pretty thoroughly: The Best Immersion Blenders of 2023, Tested by Serious Eats

I got the Cuisinart at Costco and I love it. It also came with a small food chopper and the motor is a modular part so it blends, whisks, chops and sort of slices and grates. I have not encountered any blending task it can’t handle. I used it on turkey gravy for 100 people when my volunteer sous chef had it de-emulsify and it got lumpy and it handled the job in 15-20 seconds. Is it as good at making a perfectly smooth and fully pureed vegetable soup out of chunky stuff? Probably not as good as a stand up blender, but pretty close.

I had an old Braun that had seen better days, so when I recently was at Costco and saw the Cuisinart one on sale for $29, I bought it. Have been very pleased with it, and I like the safety feature that requires both hands on the device.

I have an All-Clad, and I love it.

We have the Cuisinart, which was reasonably priced and works fine. More important though, if you’re new to immersion blenders (or maybe even if you’re not) this should be mandatory reading:

Mark, appreciate the link.

Despite the fact I’ve never had any major kitchen injuries and have always emphasized safety, this past July I discovered “avocado hand” is a thing…and although achieving first world problem elite-tier status was never really on my radar, I take no pride in how effortless it was.

Moral of the story, you can never really be too careful with very sharp objects.

We’ve had a Kitchen Aid for many years. Sorry, don’t remember the cost.

JD

+1 on Cuisinart. It is indeed a mini-lawnmower.

Wow. I don’t think I have ever touched the blades or put my fingers anywhere near them. What was this person thinking. As soon as I am done blending, I just immerse into a bowl of hot soapy water and rev thing blender up. Clean as a whistle.

But yes, be careful with sharp objects.

Not sure about the others but the Cuisinart blade detaches. Could throw in the dishwasher or whatever. Seems like a waste of time to me.

Jason

If you’re thinking about what you’re doing, then you won’t do it. But using an immersion blender doesn’t feel all that different from using a whisk, or hand mixer. It’s a natural instinct to just reach in and clear the thing out. Given that these things are incredibly sharp, do have hair triggers, and have no built in safeguards, it is a good idea to always keep the danger in front of mind.

Ours has a quick release where the “lower unit” pops off for dishwasher safe cleaning. You’d never clean it with the electrical parts attached. If you wanted to do a quick turnaround to something else, I’d just use a large glass of hot water.

Dynamic mini pro… https://www.everythingkitchens.com/dynamic-mx010-1-v-minipro-immersion-blender.html

I have an old braun too- probably 10 years old now- that I use a couple of times a month. No real need to change now, but appreciate this comment as if it does break down, I know to not buy the cuisinart as two hand operation is a deal-breaker for me- There are too many times where I just need to smooth a sauce a bit and I need to use one hand to tile the pan/pot to get enough depth for the blender to work. :slight_smile: