Need New Oven Mitts

In search of nuclear grade oven mitts. Mine have worn out and were mediocre to begin with. Just picked up a swell little burn from a cast iron pan 550 degrees out of the oven. What do you recommend in the nuclear/industrial grade category. I could care less about looks.

I had the same issue and so received ‘Sili Mitts’ for Christmas. No idea if they are the most nuclear/industrial, but it feels pretty damn close. Thick silicone material with additional padding on the inside. Only had ‘em a few weeks but they seem pretty tough.

I use welding gloves and have been for about ten years. Not pretty, but very functional. No problem pulling cast iron pans out of the oven. Plus, I like having a glove style with fingers instead of mitts from a dexterity perspective.

These are the ones I have:

The gloves are long enough to go part way up the forearm, so if there’s a grease splatter from the pan, you won’t get burned.

Light use: superiorworkgloves.com
Medium use:superiorworkgloves.com
Nuclear use: superiorworkgloves.com

I have a pair of the insane ones that I used working on race cars. You can pretty much pick up a glowing exhaust pipe without worries but hot oil seeps in and burns. the first two are great in the kitchen.

Thanks guys. I’m going to pick up a pair of the medium use gloves. Exactly what I’m looking for.