Worcester and Boston restaurants - coincidence time

Had dinner Wednesday night in Worcester at La Cucina Italiana, a BYOB at Hamilton and Trahan. Had gnocchi with cheese, chicken and spinach. A little too salty, but otherwise excellent as were all of the other dishes. My guests were as positive as I was. I paid $11.95. I posted on the Chianti we brought on the wine board, not mentioning the food.

Next night, working dinner at Fin Point in Boston’s financial district. Very upscale seafood restaurant, polished, really good food and service. Evening was a huge success. I had oysters as an appetizer, three kinds, spectacularly good and fresh, but one of the mains on the menu was gnocchi with goat cheese, chicken and spinach (and a bunch of other things). Resistance to the coincidence would have been futile. The dish was very good, not too salty, but otherwise not quite as good as the Wooster version. The texture and flavor of the gnocchi at La Cucina Italiana was simply a step up (I don’t remember the price of the gnocchi at Fin Point, but it was easily double the Wooster price).

Still, both restaurants highly recommended.

Dan Kravitz

Thanks for the Woostah recommendation. I’m up there quite often to visit kids and grandkids.

Gary, I recently ate at Dead Horse Hill in Worcester and thought it was very good. I would have been happy with that meal in Boston/Cambridge, which is high praise. The wine list is quite good, too.