NYC Michelin Stars (a complete Joke)

There are two restaurants on this list that are such a joke I can’t even begin to take Michelin seriously:

Happy for Uchu they deserve it. I also think Secchu Yokota should have got a star.

And no way Cagen should have lost a star; I do concede they have changed things up quite a bit. However my last meal would warrant two stars.

la sirena and rouge tomate?

San Francisco Tops NYC in Three-Star Michelin Restaurants

For the first time, the Big Apple isn’t leading the pack in the coveted rating category

"By Charles Passy
Oct. 30, 2017 2:24 p.m. ET
19 COMMENTS
When it comes to fine dining, New York City is taking a back seat to San Francisco—at least by one measure.

For the first time, the Big Apple has fewer restaurants with the coveted three-star Michelin Guide rating than the California coastal city. Michelin announced its 2018 New York star selections on Monday, almost a week after revealing the same for San Francisco.

Michelin awarded three stars—its highest ranking—to five restaurants in New York City: Chef’s Table at Brooklyn Fare, Eleven Madison Park, Le Bernardin, Masa and Per Se.

The guide recognized seven San Francisco-area restaurants with the same honor: Benu, Coi, the French Laundry, Manresa, Quince, the Restaurant at Meadowood and Saison.

While the difference might seem slight, the Michelin ratings are considered an important denominator, especially in the upper echelon of dining, where multicourse meals that easily run $200-plus per person are the norm.

New York City always has been considered a global leader in this rarefied realm. But San Francisco has made considerable headway over the years…"

I have been saying for the last 3-5 years that San Francisco is catching up to NY. However I don’t base this on the number of 3 star restaurants.

Michelin is deeply flawed. But I still find it the best starting point when exploring new cities.

I assumed Rouge Tomate was one of them. I was wondering about the second, so thanks for the guess [cheers.gif]

One of those is correct. There is a restaurant on the list where my last two meals were worse than diner food, the chef no longer works there and other key mgt people have left. There is no way a Michelin inspector has been there in the last 3-6 months.

Last month when I was in NYC I went to Rebelle (1 *) for Brunch. Worst Eggs Benedict I’ve ever been served. Dish was served room temperature and swimming in a bland Hollandaise sauce. Pathetic. They were all about horking up their wine specials.

Here is a hint:

[scratch.gif]

Rouge Tomate to turn into Rouge Tomate Cafe during daylight hours.

Avocado sandwiches, chicken burgers, grain bowls oh my!