Rec's in Anaheim needed

Hi;

I’m going to host a work dinner for 8, it seems like a tough area for my price point. I’m looking for entree prices $20s to low $30s for the most part. Seems like many upscale places charge $40s or more for entrees.

Just going on Zagat, I see Rosines (looks tasty but may be too casual), Yves Bistro and Wine Bar (wish they had more fish). Zov’s looked to meaty and too much like a burger place (based on the website) but if that’s the consensus rec, I’ll go there.

Right now, I’m holding reservations at Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen, but I think I will be mightily disappointed as a few of us are very familiar with good New Orleans cuisine.

Any comments on Rosines, or Yves, or any other options?

The Ranch. Might be a bit above your price point.
Food is very good at Zov’s, by the way.
Yves is not great.
Rosine’s is casual.
Look at Reunion, though loud—not sure if they have a private room.
Bistango is great.

Thanks very much for the suggestions@ Gave me some things to look at.

Yes, the Ranch is more than a little out of my price range.

I should have checked how far Rosine’s was before I mentioned it.

I’m hoping for things closer to the Convention Center.

I’ll have to rethink Zov’s if that’s the best food within a 10 mile radius. It menu makes it seem like a burger/pizza place, I’ll see how the team feels about it.

Anyone been to Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen.

Playground in downtown Santa Ana is 6.3 miles from the convention center.

Thanks!

if Santa Ana is included, MixMix or Irenia, but both are loud, as is Playground. All three are excellent. Ruth’s Chris in Anaheim is good, too.

Running into a streak of bad luck, it’s a Monday dinner and that seems to be the night off for these Santa Ana places.

Thanks for the mentions, I have a Tuesday night dinner with just my wife and was looking at The Ranch as being the best for a couple.

Ma’s Islamic Chinese might have a private room for you. fantastic food.

Thanks but already went.

Zov’s was pretty poor. Napa Rose was a waste.

Zov’s poor? That shocks me. Have had many excellent meals there. Haven’t been to N. Rose but once.

Yeah we stopped going to Zov’s about 8 years ago. There was a time when it was very good. Napa Rose is a complete joke.

Some great stuff in Santa Ana/Costa Mesa area, but Rosine’s still has the best wine list in OC and outstanding food.

I do like Pueblo at the OC Mix.

Jason

Maybe you always order meat?

Calamari appetizer and Mac and cheese was poor, didn’t get half eaten at a table of six., fish entree meh,Greek salad so-so. The folks said the osso buco was good but not so good they would go back given the other dtuff.

And by the way, the server poured 6 oz pours so the bottle didn’t make its way around even though we told her twice while she was pouring (during 2nd and 3rd glasses ) that she was pouring too much. Last two people got an ounce each from her service.

Napa rose sucks IMO.

Steakhouse 55 is the best place at Disney. I think it’s even better than Club 33 most of the time. And best mac and cheese ive ever had a restaurant.

I agree with this. Club 33 is worth doing for the experience, but I like the food at Steakhouse 55 better. I also really enjoyed Carthay Circle the one time I’ve been there, but I always hesitate to recommend a place based on a single visit (right after it opened).

Love Carthay Circle too. They’ve got an awesome pork chop and their duck wings and cheese ball appetizers are to die for.