PERNOD PASTA

You love Pernod? Then it is your dish. If not, don´t even think about it.

I had some leftover of herbs butter from my Indian Summer Chicken, tarragon and also some frozen tiger prawns.

https://www.wineberserkers.com/content/?p=4287
PP.JPG
ENJOY
Martin

Sounds like you’re on an anise kick with the Fennel Parmesan crumble too which I see you posted shortly after!

This sort of combination (anise and shellfish) is one of my favourites. I started making a ‘scampi provencale’ from a Cordon Bleu recipe when I was about 22, and the dish has morphed far and wide since then, so I hesitate to use the classic name. Vermouth, Pastis, Fennel (bulb or seeds depending), coriander seed even, shellfish stock, other fish (scallops, salmon, mussels), bell peppers, fresh tomato, basil or tarragon, all come and go depending on the mood or availability. Its a staple ‘casual Saturday’ dish here, paired with a good Sancerre such as Bourgeois’ Chapelle des Augustins. Your version is a somewhat simpler preparation than I’m usually doing (so good for, say, Thursdays!).

Thank you for posting this will be trying it as soon as the kitchen reno is done (all I have to cook with at the moment is the BBQ and a Microwave!)

PS. Whisky (with cream) and shellfish is another good combination … wondering if that’s going to appear some time … ?

touché…anis is the new drug.

I forgot to use some fish stock for my recipe. Next time. Thanks.