Niagara-on-the-Lake, Ontario: Restaurant recommendation.

Gathering up for golfing with friends in N-o-t-L near the end of this month. ISO of restaurant recommendation for dinner for 8 people.

Thanks.

Ramon

search the forum. this has been asked b4

Yes, 2013 was the most recent (your post with 1 reco, noted.). Looking for something more recent, if any.

I would choose Treadwell 1st. Hob Nob is good too. I have not been but others say Peller Estates (mediocre wine) has a very nice dining room with very fine food.
Some of the Inn’s have nice dining rooms - Oban, Pillar & Post, Queens Landing are all impressive. Pretty sure you can book any of them even if you aren’t staying there.

Recently ate at Pillar & Post, Treadwell, Peller.
Agree with Chris on Peller, food is good, wines not as good. Pillar & Post is a very nice inn, food is good though not current. Treadwell would be my first choice.

Agree with above comments, especially Treadwell. Food service and wine list all good.
Backhouse highly regarded but I haven’t dined there myself yet. More buzz than Treadwell - literally by all accounts.
Hillebrand / Trius restaurant not bad either. Wines not the best in the area but adequate, and good library list.

Sorry if I came off as that asshole. Really like the restaurant at Peller estates. The 5 course with pairings is very reasonably priced. The wine is OK, but somehow having it at the vineyard makes it better. Treadwell is quite good. Ginger is good Asian, quiet and small. Haven’t been to Backhouse, but plan to this coming weekend when we make our annual pilgrimage. The menu looks great. We also like the restaurant at Hildebrand winery.

Thanks, everybody, for the suggestions. Looks like the most common theme here is about Treadwell and Peller Estates. We made reservations at both.

We need a lighter-meal dinner and will look up the other suggestions here (Backhouse?).

Had an awful lunch at Epicurean today. They used to server cafeteria style, but new owners changed that. The food was bad and the service was worse. A shame as it used to be a go to for us.

Not sure Backhousevwould be a lighter meal.

Thanks.

One of the guys at the party suggested Ravine. The online menu has pizza on the day that we are planning for. Good?

Can’t speak to the food, but the wines are very good indeed. Worth a visit.