Anyone own a Kamado Joe?

Thinking about getting one this weekend. Anyone have opinion they would like to share?

Love my kamado. The flexibility they have (grilling, smoking, high temps) is very attractive, beside the fact they cook so so well. I have a lot of high end kitchen tools and feel that a kamado is a necessary addition. The right tool for many jobs.

Cooked on one and as a BGE owner I liked it. Few more standard features than the BGE which while nice doesn’t make a huge difference on the cooks. Could have been me but the ceramic did look a little thinner and different type than BGE, not that nice off white color but darker. BGE still the gold standard for me but price wise the KJ is pretty solid alternative that I’m sure you’ll be happy with.

They were at my Costco yesterday. $1k for the large. $1500 for the XL if I recall correctly.

Primo!

Buy it !!

Went to Costco today and got the Big Joe. Purchased the floor model and got a Joe Jr thrown in for free.

That sounds like a score [welldone.gif]

The big lump charcoal they sell is pretty bad ass too.

Yaaaas

Yes, I own a 2017 version of the KJ XL. It’s fantastic!!! Love the locking hinge and the lid assist, two great features! I’ve smoked with it and cooked various types of steaks, chicken and other meats. When smoking it holds a steady temperature for a very long time. Doesn’t require a lot of fuel, either.

I looked at both and thought the BGE’s ceramic walls were thinner than KJ.

OK. Why?

Oval shape vs round - holds more.
On an X/L you can divide the firebox in half for smaller cooks. saves charcoal.
It’s grey and not green or red.
made in america

Fired it up last night. Awesome grilling. Today smoking 3 racks of ribs. Has stayed at constant 250 for 5 hours now with no additional charcoal

For those that use the primo- Curious what accessories you find most valuable?