Santa Fe for Lunch

Going this Sunday!!

I have 5 people plus a 4 yr old, casual… probably

TIA Paully

A bit of a drive out of downtown Sante Fe but we really liked Gabriel’s. Good for kids, too. My nephew and niece (who grew up in SF) recommended the place. New Mexican/Mexican fare. Or The Shed or Maria’s. The restaurant in La Fonda hotel is more than serviceable if that is more convenient.

JD

Rancho de Chimayo is outside of the city but worth the trip. Plus there are some nice weavers in the area with open show rooms

You should get yourself a taco from El Parasol even if you are full - totally worth it!

If you can get up to Espanola, El Paragua is a fantastic spot of Mexican. Giant tree growing right through the restaurant, old iron stove just inside the door with a little old lady making fresh tortillas all day, amazing salsas. I’ve only had tacos, many to choose from, but I have heard nothing but great reviews on all of the food.

If I very specifically want to eat green chile dishes over Labor Day, where should I eat? Kid friendly.

Paul,

Lots of good places, but La Choza (get there early–near the railyard) and Pasquale’s (downtown, might take res for dinner and pricier), immediately come to mind. (Also downtown, sister to La Choza, is the Shed.)