Pork Back Ribs...A Work In Progress

Smoking a 2 3/4 lb rack of baby backs today. Rub applied at 0930 and ribs hit the smoker at 1015. Will be using pecan shells and pecan wood from my parent’s trees.

Ribs…or gym…looks like you made the right decision. [good.gif]

Beer drinking will start promptly at noon.

In which time zone?

Central I guess.

I’ve decided I like regular ribs better - but you have to trim them properly. They’re meatier.

Smoking in the Weber, I need to give this a try!

I’ve gotten it down pretty good now. Lump charcoal and smoke wood wrapped in foil. Bottom vent open about 75% and top about 25%. This rack should take 7 hours.

Bob, I hear ya. These were cheap and I was lazy. They even had the membrane already removed…I love Costco.

One hour in.

Two hours in. Rotated 180 degrees and mopped with apple juice, apple cider vinegar, worchestershire sauce and evaporated cane juice.

Shit, I only have one rack going and the other is in the freezer. We need to plan our bromances better.

Three hours and one beer down.

Four Hours…

Five Hours…

On Thursday, I cooked ribs for dinner in one hour…

Pressure cooker for 25 min at 15lbs (beer & water, with spices) then cooled down then glazed with BBQ sauce and browned in the oven. I doubt they are as good as yours but not bad for an hours work.

I’m at hour 6.5 and they probably have another hour to go. Must have been running low on the grill outside.

Pics of finished product to follow.

Looking good Tex. Real good. Mine should be done in about an hour as well.

Weber Gold, correct?

Done…only took five beers.

Correctamundo.

If you hadn’t kept opening the damn Weber to take pictures they might have been done sooner.