Chicago Restaurant Thread

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
Message
Author
Michael Klein
Posts: 505
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 10:01 am

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#751 Post by Michael Klein » June 23rd, 2020, 9:17 am

Had a wonderful dinner last Friday at Daisies. Found it very safe and it was beyond refreshing to go out.

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7579
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#752 Post by Nick Gangas » June 23rd, 2020, 3:34 pm

ok. My friend and partner is coming in town in 2 weeks. Trying to figure out where to go but don't know at this point who will even be open. I'd love to do sushi.

User avatar
Ryan Kilkenney
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1060
Joined: July 29th, 2009, 7:36 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#753 Post by Ryan Kilkenney » June 25th, 2020, 9:31 am

I’m staying out of restaurants for the time being. For one thing, I have a 3-year old who isn’t mature enough yet to comply with social distancing guidelines. So, a family meal would be stressful, at best. And as for going out with friends, I’d need to wade back into the babysitting pool, get in an Uber, and hope that the strangers I encounter while I’m out are being responsible. At this point, staying at home is a more appealing alternative.

User avatar
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm
Location: Batavia, IL

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#754 Post by George Hejna » June 25th, 2020, 2:39 pm

Nick Gangas wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 3:34 pm
ok. My friend and partner is coming in town in 2 weeks. Trying to figure out where to go but don't know at this point who will even be open. I'd love to do sushi.
Mako is taking reservations. Omakase Yume is not yet.

George

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7579
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#755 Post by Nick Gangas » June 26th, 2020, 9:56 am

George Hejna wrote:
June 25th, 2020, 2:39 pm
Nick Gangas wrote:
June 23rd, 2020, 3:34 pm
ok. My friend and partner is coming in town in 2 weeks. Trying to figure out where to go but don't know at this point who will even be open. I'd love to do sushi.
Mako is taking reservations. Omakase Yume is not yet.

George
Perfect.

Thanks George.

User avatar
David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17307
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 5:29 pm
Location: ChiIl

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#756 Post by David K o l i n » June 26th, 2020, 10:08 am

Alinia is doing rooftop dining on Fulton Market starting on July 1 :-)

User avatar
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm
Location: Batavia, IL

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#757 Post by George Hejna » June 26th, 2020, 11:14 am

David K o l i n wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 10:08 am
Alinia is doing rooftop dining on Fulton Market starting on July 1 :-)
Saw that - I wonder what the experience will be like? It is full Alinea price.

Bayless tweeting about a Toplobampo 2.0 also. No details yet.

George

User avatar
Ryan Kilkenney
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1060
Joined: July 29th, 2009, 7:36 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#758 Post by Ryan Kilkenney » June 26th, 2020, 11:31 am

Rain or shine according to Tock. I'm also interested to see, come fall, whether restaurants will manage to extend outdoor dining into the colder months.

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5509
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#759 Post by Siun o'Connell » June 26th, 2020, 1:56 pm

Staying in here as well... and this is not a restaurant suggestion but for Chicago folks, I just had a great experience skipping Instacart and using the Mercato service to order some really nice products from Local Foods. While not Flannery level, getting really great meats from Butcher & Larder ... at reasonable pricing too ... was just great. Ordered some fish from Dirk’s too which is less exciting but again better than Instacart esp with Eataly Instacart being really quite limited.

User avatar
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm
Location: Batavia, IL

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#760 Post by George Hejna » June 26th, 2020, 4:15 pm

Love Butcher and Larder.

I know the Alinea meal is rain or shine. I want to know what they do if it is 90 degrees?

George

User avatar
Ryan Kilkenney
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1060
Joined: July 29th, 2009, 7:36 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#761 Post by Ryan Kilkenney » June 27th, 2020, 6:19 am

George Hejna wrote:
June 26th, 2020, 4:15 pm
Love Butcher and Larder.

I know the Alinea meal is rain or shine. I want to know what they do if it is 90 degrees?

George
Good point. It would be a bummer if the edible balloon melted on its way to your table.

User avatar
Mel Hill
Posts: 6341
Joined: January 27th, 2009, 12:56 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#762 Post by Mel Hill » June 27th, 2020, 7:18 am

slightly off topic but what happened between Rob and Butcher & Larder? I know he's at PQM now.

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5509
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#763 Post by Siun o'Connell » June 27th, 2020, 1:27 pm

I was wondering the same ... in everything I found it’s just presented as Publican invited him into their operation. I’ll check with my SIL and see if he knows.

s.nellessen
Posts: 964
Joined: May 4th, 2010, 5:05 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#764 Post by s.nellessen » June 29th, 2020, 6:27 am

Anyone have feedback on the constantly-sanitized indoor restaurant environment? Specifically concerned about noticeable chemical or chlorine smells messing up my BYO.
Steve N.

User avatar
David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17307
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 5:29 pm
Location: ChiIl

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#765 Post by David K o l i n » June 29th, 2020, 5:01 pm


User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 27210
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#766 Post by Corey N. » June 29th, 2020, 5:42 pm

David K o l i n wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 5:01 pm
Blackbird is permanently closing.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavi ... UJc1QS4ojo
That’s a shame. Wonderful food, but quite sterile.
I'm with Corey on this. - Todd W.

Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17307
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 5:29 pm
Location: ChiIl

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#767 Post by David K o l i n » June 29th, 2020, 6:26 pm

Corey N. wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 5:42 pm
David K o l i n wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 5:01 pm
Blackbird is permanently closing.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavi ... UJc1QS4ojo
That’s a shame. Wonderful food, but quite sterile.
My favorite lunch in Chicago

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5509
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#768 Post by Siun o'Connell » June 29th, 2020, 6:30 pm

Oh no.


I heard Collichio estimating that we’ll lose 85% of restaurants by the time this is all done ...

User avatar
Keith A k e r s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3805
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#769 Post by Keith A k e r s » June 30th, 2020, 4:07 am

David K o l i n wrote:
June 29th, 2020, 5:01 pm
Blackbird is permanently closing.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavi ... UJc1QS4ojo

Sadly, it felt like it was a matter of time before a bigger named restaurant would close. Fat Rice imploded on itself, but this one is definitely sad.

It does make me wonder if they were bringing in a lot of income from the event space and now it’s just rent $$$$ being lit on fire.

User avatar
Ryan Kilkenney
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1060
Joined: July 29th, 2009, 7:36 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#770 Post by Ryan Kilkenney » June 30th, 2020, 6:26 am

I moved to Chicago in 2002. Coming from Ohio, the restaurants all seemed sophisticated. But looking back it’s hard to remember most of them. There was Trotter’s, Ambria, and Everest in the jacket-required category. Blackbird seemed to be in a category by itself. Sad.

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 27210
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#771 Post by Corey N. » June 30th, 2020, 3:04 pm

Bad Hunter has closed. I'm sure many more will close in the coming months.

https://chicago.eater.com/2020/6/30/213 ... gan-square

I just saw Clever Rabbit and Trattoria No. 10 closed too. The latter is a blow...not that I went often, but it was connected to my office building by an underground tunnel. Feel bad for the many industry folks without jobs.
I'm with Corey on this. - Todd W.

Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Keith A k e r s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3805
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#772 Post by Keith A k e r s » July 1st, 2020, 2:59 pm

NYC bans indoor dining indefinitely. How soon until at least Chicago does the same?

Michael Klein
Posts: 505
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 10:01 am

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#773 Post by Michael Klein » July 2nd, 2020, 9:38 am

Bite Cafe (UK village) is officially closing for good. Very sad. This was home base for my wife and I for the better part of the last 10 years. Brunches, dinners, shows next door at the Empty Bottle. This was my favorite all around BYO.

Silver lining is that opening in its place will be a Sicilian style pizza place by Noah Sandoval of Oriole.

Still a major bummer. f*ck Covid.

User avatar
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm
Location: Batavia, IL

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#774 Post by George Hejna » July 2nd, 2020, 9:38 am

Keith A k e r s wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 2:59 pm
NYC bans indoor dining indefinitely. How soon until at least Chicago does the same?
Difficult to go backwards now that it is open unless data supports the ban.

Only time will tell. Hopefully the city can keep things going in a positive direction.

George

User avatar
Keith A k e r s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3805
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#775 Post by Keith A k e r s » July 2nd, 2020, 10:12 am

George Hejna wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 9:38 am
Keith A k e r s wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 2:59 pm
NYC bans indoor dining indefinitely. How soon until at least Chicago does the same?
Difficult to go backwards now that it is open unless data supports the ban.

Only time will tell. Hopefully the city can keep things going in a positive direction.

George

Agreed. Sadly I’m just not hopeful. I’ve walked past too many places where it looks like any other summer. It feels like dine in going away is inevitable before Labor Day.

User avatar
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm
Location: Batavia, IL

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#776 Post by George Hejna » July 4th, 2020, 8:17 am

Keith A k e r s wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 10:12 am
George Hejna wrote:
July 2nd, 2020, 9:38 am
Keith A k e r s wrote:
July 1st, 2020, 2:59 pm
NYC bans indoor dining indefinitely. How soon until at least Chicago does the same?
Difficult to go backwards now that it is open unless data supports the ban.

Only time will tell. Hopefully the city can keep things going in a positive direction.

George

Agreed. Sadly I’m just not hopeful. I’ve walked past too many places where it looks like any other summer. It feels like dine in going away is inevitable before Labor Day.
You can't give people nice things..... [soap.gif]

George

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7579
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#777 Post by Nick Gangas » July 6th, 2020, 7:20 pm

First let me say how sad I am that Blackbird is closing. We loved that place so much. Really the epitome of what made Chicago dining great. Great and fresh cooking in a cool but casual atmosphere. We moved to the west loop in 99 so we dined there a bunch. Smoked outside with Donny and had plenty of drinks with Paul too. Unfortunately this thing is really hitting these types of place. With restrictions on seating a place like that which was so packed in has little chance to make it. Ditto Fat Rice.

As far as NYC goes and us, I'm hoping that we can maintain our discipline and survive this way. The answer is to crack down on the violators. Also I thought NY never opened indoor correct ? AS George said it's tough to take it away now. Still as the PPP money will start drying up and we'll see what happens. I hope everyone loves chinese food and pizza cuz that's what we'll be eating here.

User avatar
Paul Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7799
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#778 Post by Paul Miller » July 8th, 2020, 12:05 pm

Apparently Alinea did this, and some people are not happy.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/07/08 ... rY6pk66eMw
Screen-Shot-2020-07-07-at-8.44.40-PM.png

WvanGorp
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1587
Joined: April 19th, 2009, 9:37 am

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#779 Post by WvanGorp » July 8th, 2020, 5:27 pm

That’s ridiculous and I completely understand why people are out of sorts.
Wilfred van Gorp

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 27210
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#780 Post by Corey N. » July 8th, 2020, 6:52 pm

In a best case scenario, Alinea was going for gallows humor. But it strikes me as tone deaf.
I'm with Corey on this. - Todd W.

Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Keith A k e r s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3805
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#781 Post by Keith A k e r s » July 8th, 2020, 7:07 pm

yea, that's no bueno from Alinea. It's even more uncomfortable reading Kokonas defending it

User avatar
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm
Location: Batavia, IL

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#782 Post by George Hejna » July 9th, 2020, 9:10 am

Keith A k e r s wrote:
July 8th, 2020, 7:07 pm
yea, that's no bueno from Alinea. It's even more uncomfortable reading Kokonas defending it
Read his tweets saying you have to see it in context within the meal but he doesn't do anything to explain the context for those that can't or don't want to go to Alinea.

George

Michael Klein
Posts: 505
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 10:01 am

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#783 Post by Michael Klein » July 9th, 2020, 9:34 am

Kokonas is operating on a higher horse than anyone ive seen. Guy has drank way too much of his own kool aid. Current situation could not display this more beautifully.

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 27210
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#784 Post by Corey N. » July 9th, 2020, 10:28 am

Michael Klein wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 9:34 am
Kokonas is operating on a higher horse than anyone ive seen. Guy has drank way too much of his own kool aid. Current situation could not display this more beautifully.
Agreed. This is one where you admit you erred, claim that you didn't mean to offend and move on. Instead, Kokonas went out and hired DeSean Jackson's PR team.
I'm with Corey on this. - Todd W.

Nøv¡¢k

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7579
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#785 Post by Nick Gangas » July 9th, 2020, 11:13 am

Going to GT Fish and Oyster tonight. Excited.

User avatar
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm
Location: Batavia, IL

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#786 Post by George Hejna » July 9th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Nick Gangas wrote:
July 9th, 2020, 11:13 am
Going to GT Fish and Oyster tonight. Excited.
I hear the Oysters are good... [snort.gif]

Enjoy!

George

User avatar
Paul Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7799
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#787 Post by Paul Miller » July 10th, 2020, 10:01 am

Band of Bohemia
Michelin-starred brewpub temporarily closes amid employee complaints and a restaurant industry reckoning
Michelin-starred restaurant Band of Bohemia has temporarily closed its doors and issued a public apology after online accusations of fostering a hostile workplace and mismanagement during the COVID-19 pandemic that led to the departure of its executive chef.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/c ... l#nws=true

Michael Klein
Posts: 505
Joined: March 24th, 2015, 10:01 am

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#788 Post by Michael Klein » July 10th, 2020, 1:31 pm

Paul Miller wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 10:01 am
Band of Bohemia
Michelin-starred brewpub temporarily closes amid employee complaints and a restaurant industry reckoning
Michelin-starred restaurant Band of Bohemia has temporarily closed its doors and issued a public apology after online accusations of fostering a hostile workplace and mismanagement during the COVID-19 pandemic that led to the departure of its executive chef.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/c ... l#nws=true
not to pile it on, but BOB was one of the worst meals I have had in Chicago. I was SO excited to go there too. The beer in particular was some of the worst I have ever had. Just horrible all around. I could go on and on about this place.

User avatar
John Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3065
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 1:27 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#789 Post by John Davis » July 10th, 2020, 1:44 pm

My experience at BoB was mediocre. So I won’t miss it, either.
ITB

Nick Gangas
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7579
Joined: August 7th, 2009, 6:27 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#790 Post by Nick Gangas » July 13th, 2020, 2:02 pm

GT Fish was good. Staff took safety measures. We had the seafood tower for a starter. Then split the scallops and trout. Everything was fresh and delicious. Fish was cooked well. Brought our won bottle and they took care of it well.

User avatar
John Davis
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3065
Joined: January 28th, 2009, 1:27 pm
Location: Indiana

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#791 Post by John Davis » July 13th, 2020, 2:46 pm

Nick Gangas wrote:
July 13th, 2020, 2:02 pm
GT Fish was good. Staff took safety measures. We had the seafood tower for a starter. Then split the scallops and trout. Everything was fresh and delicious. Fish was cooked well. Brought our won bottle and they took care of it well.
Good to hear. Always enjoyed it and will get back...eventually.
ITB

User avatar
Ryan Kilkenney
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 1060
Joined: July 29th, 2009, 7:36 am
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#792 Post by Ryan Kilkenney » July 14th, 2020, 9:33 am

Michael Klein wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 1:31 pm
Paul Miller wrote:
July 10th, 2020, 10:01 am
Band of Bohemia
Michelin-starred brewpub temporarily closes amid employee complaints and a restaurant industry reckoning
Michelin-starred restaurant Band of Bohemia has temporarily closed its doors and issued a public apology after online accusations of fostering a hostile workplace and mismanagement during the COVID-19 pandemic that led to the departure of its executive chef.
https://www.chicagotribune.com/dining/c ... l#nws=true
not to pile it on, but BOB was one of the worst meals I have had in Chicago. I was SO excited to go there too. The beer in particular was some of the worst I have ever had. Just horrible all around. I could go on and on about this place.
My experiences ranged from bad to pretty good, and I never cared for the beer. There was a lot of excitement in the neighborhood when it opened, and the Michelin star would lead you to believe that it lived up to the hype. It just didn’t.

User avatar
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm
Location: Batavia, IL

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#793 Post by George Hejna » July 15th, 2020, 7:05 am

Bayless leaving Leña Brava and Cruz Blanca.

https://chicago.eater.com/2020/7/14/213 ... ruz-blanca

George

User avatar
Corey N.
Posts: 27210
Joined: November 18th, 2010, 8:36 pm

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#794 Post by Corey N. » July 15th, 2020, 7:29 am

George Hejna wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:05 am
Bayless leaving Leña Brava and Cruz Blanca.

https://chicago.eater.com/2020/7/14/213 ... ruz-blanca

George
Interesting. Bayless seems like a gem of a human being, so I tend to think that if there was an issue between business partners, it probably did not emanate with him.
I'm with Corey on this. - Todd W.

Nøv¡¢k

User avatar
Keith A k e r s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3805
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#795 Post by Keith A k e r s » July 15th, 2020, 10:03 am

Corey N. wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:29 am
George Hejna wrote:
July 15th, 2020, 7:05 am
Bayless leaving Leña Brava and Cruz Blanca.

https://chicago.eater.com/2020/7/14/213 ... ruz-blanca

George
Interesting. Bayless seems like a gem of a human being, so I tend to think that if there was an issue between business partners, it probably did not emanate with him.
It doesn't necessarily mean that that is how it all is. Running as many restaurants as they do is stressful enough which can lead to partners breaking up. Add in where the restaurants are located+the rents they have to pay+the pandemic probably means that they are parting now so as it doesn't become acrimonious and untenable down the road.

Plus they have the extra stress of running a brewery that was starting to become very popular and they've literally had to pour out thousands upon thousands of dollars in product. Add all of that together and it was probably best to part ways.

User avatar
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5354
Joined: April 21st, 2009, 3:36 pm
Location: Batavia, IL

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#796 Post by George Hejna » July 15th, 2020, 1:27 pm

Corey - Agree on Rick B. He seems to be a great person. His employees have nothing but good things to say about him. I have met him a few times and he was nothing but gracious. When my son was probably 8 yrs old he wrote RB a letter telling him how much he liked his food. RB wrote a nice note back to him and included a gift certificate. The hand writing matched the signature so I assume he wrote the entire letter.

Keith's points are excellent and RB is not a young man at 66 and maybe wanted to cut back a bit.

George

User avatar
Paul Miller
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 7799
Joined: April 28th, 2010, 2:56 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#797 Post by Paul Miller » July 21st, 2020, 12:59 pm

Running list: Chicago-area restaurants closed permanently due to coronavirus pandemic economic woes

https://www.chicagotribune.com/coronavi ... story.html

User avatar
Keith A k e r s
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 3805
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 3:48 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#798 Post by Keith A k e r s » July 22nd, 2020, 8:35 am

in very sad news, the store manager of Calumet Fisheries passed away the other day from Covid. I don't know when I'll next get down there, but it'll be much more somber with Carlos not being there.

Siun o'Connell
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 5509
Joined: June 4th, 2012, 9:02 am

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#799 Post by Siun o'Connell » July 22nd, 2020, 2:46 pm

Oh no .... that is so sad.

User avatar
David K o l i n
GCC Member
GCC Member
Posts: 17307
Joined: June 2nd, 2009, 5:29 pm
Location: ChiIl

Re: Chicago Restaurant Thread

#800 Post by David K o l i n » July 22nd, 2020, 4:24 pm

I saw the news about Carlos yesterday. Pretty shaken

Post Reply

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”