Eating and Drinking in Frankfurt am Main

Here are some of my favorite places in Frankfurt.

Wine Shop

Restaurants
Immer Sat Google Maps
Zu den 12 Apostoln (beer focus but great Eastern European foods) Google Maps
Ginnheimer Wirtshaus Google Maps

Metzgerei (German deli)
Kai Waibel Google Maps
Richard Heininger Google Maps
Ebert Google Maps
Karl Bumb Google Maps
Gref-Volsings Google Maps
Ziaja Google Maps

Beer and Bottle shop
Naiv Google Maps
International Beer Google Maps
Braustil Google Maps

Coffee
Bruhmarkt Google Maps
Holy Cross Google Maps
Aniis Google Maps
Hoppenworth Google Maps

Cocktails
Kinly Google Maps
The Parlour Google Maps

Appelwein
great food too at Fohl. It’s a bit south of Frankfurt Google Maps
Ebbelwoi Unser Google Maps

Thanks for posting this, Paul. As a frequent visitor to Frankfurt am Main, I look forward to trying some of these recommendations.

My pleasure! I’m no Robert Dentice though I do hope this helps. Obviously the list leans toward my tastes, which might not be yours, but maybe there’s a gem in there for you.

This is great. I hope to get back to Germany this year and will check out your list if I am in Frankfurt.

I’ve got a few Mosel and Nurnberg too, let me know

Tried a couple of the recommended spots yesterday.Went to Annis straight from the airport, had a filling breakfast (eggs, olives, bread, homemade jam), fresh orange juice, and coffee. Sat outside, nice sunny day in Frankfurt.
Checked in to hotel, showered, and walked around Frankfurt for a couple hours, ending up at Zu den 12 Apostoln. Enjoyed their Hell and Dunkel, goulash soup and schweinhaxen with Sauerkraut and roasted potatoes I think I have actually been here before some years ago - seemed familiar.
Thanks for the recs Paul.
IMG_0365.JPG

I like Heimat for a casualish dinner with good wine.

Mark that meal looks absolutely perfect. I can taste it through the screen.

just wanted to say that we had a chance to eat at heimat last night and it definitely exceeding my expectations (which were set eating hotel breakfasts and cafeterias and traditional touristy places in the week i am here)

nice wine list, good food, friendly staff.

Glad you enjoyed it. Suits me as open earlier than most places and on Sundays.