Charcuterie in Paris

Robert Fleming’s post on jambon persillé got me thinking about the best charcuterie (shops, not plates) in Paris. I am aware of Caractere de Cochon, but was hoping to find something closer to the apartment I will be renting. Something near Laurent Dubois (on Blvd St. Germain) would be ideal as I could wrap up shopping for provisions in one easy step. (5th near the river or on one of the islands.)

Most of the best butchers / charcuteries on various lists are in the outer arrondisements.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Pierre Oteiza on Blvd Saint-Michel is pretty close to you. Specializes in Basque foods, including meats.

The Grand Epicerie in the Bon Marche. Three metro stops on the 10.
Gilles Verot in the 6th, a 5 minute walk from the Bon Marche near the Saint-Placide metro (4)
Boucherie Le Bourdonnec, a great butcher shop, on Cherche-Midi near Blvd Raspail, also in the 7th, and a short walk from Gilles Verot.

Thanks! Pierre Otezia will make a nice circuit from Eric Kayser>Laurent Dubois>Otezia>back home.

A good change of pace, too. No doubt I will be taking the metro to go to some others, but this fills the bill for an hour’s quick walk.

Le Petit Sud Ouest.

Also in the 7th, a couple of spots on Rue Cler are worth a stop - Charcuterie Jeusselin and Davoli - La Maison du Jambon (Italian), which are across the street from each other and which are both excellent

Excellent reminder on Jeusselin, thanks! This is definitely a stop on market days that take me to rue Cler. Their sandwiches (if they still make them) might be the best deal on that street. Davoli is new to me, so that will be fun to look forward to.

Davoli kind of takes your breath away when you walk in. Hams everywhere

You convinced me to do a little internet snooping – and oh my goodness, the photos from Davoli. some sort of cold seafood salad looks astonishingly good.

“N’oubiez pas! Pause-Dejeuner chez Davoli c’est possible!”

n’oubliez pas indeed.

Marking the thread :slight_smile:

You should check out Androuet cheese over there (other side of the Seine, but right there).

Would second Nos boutiques – Maison Verot as well; check for a pic of some of their terrines on the “Anybody been to Paris lately?” thread. Only downside is that it’s pretty damn pricey.

Wish I could help out more, but I’m mostly on the 16th, 8th, 7th side of the city.

Everything is on the other side of the Seine from where I am staying, so its just a matter of crossing the bridge to the north or to the south!

Androuet is on my “master list”, but thanks for the link to Maison Verot, new to me. Even if pricey, a high quality meal back at the rental is still probably a big savings over a restaurant meal and a nice change of pace for the occasional dinner in. Plus I usually drink better wine at home. I look forward to it.

I knew there was a reason to mark this :smiley:

For those not following my Adventures in Paris thread, if you’re a charcuterie nut, you need to eat at least one meal at Arnaud Nicolas during your trip. I’m going again on Monday :smiley:

I could go on, but the links above suffice. One thing I will comment on - the pastry pot pie filled with pork, liquid foie gras and black truffles is RIDICULOUS.

You people are killing me. We were planning just 2 days in Paris this October after driving around Normandy and the Loire but there are now about 20 places I need to eat at in Paris during those 2 days.