Important recall--Cuisinart food processor blades

More information here (my blade was among the recall list):

Bruce

Thank you for the PSA. I will not complain about receiving a new, sharp blade. It is good they are making getting a replacement as easy as entering in your model number and not requiring box or other information from the purchase, especially since I have long lost them.

Thanks for the heads up. Ours model is far too old to be on the recall list but we purchased a replacement blade that is one of the recalled blades. I had to lie about my model number on the form.

This got me thinking about our Cuisinart and as best we could figure we bought it in 1983. We have replaced the blade and bowl but the base unit is still going strong.

Mine dates back to the late 80s and is also going strong. I replaced the (by-then cracked) bowl a couple of years ago, but never thought to replace the blade. Guess it was just as well!

I don’t know exactly how old my Cuisinart is, and at this point if the blade hasn’t broken it’s probably not going to. Nevertheless, since they’re providing free replacement blades I’ll take them up on the offer.

Bruce

Has anyone actually received a replacement blade yet? Or even a notification that a replacement blade is on the way…?

Bruce

Yes, we got ours two days ago. Received a package is coming notice from UPS. Said a signature was required - was trying to figure out what wine I might have bought from Phoenix. (No signature was needed).

I would not bet on that. There’s a reason they’re recalling 25 year-old blades.

It looks like the rivets cause stress points on the steel that worsen over a long period of time.

Here’s a couple photos from the internet. Ours dates to late-90s and is exhibiting cracks like this, although not yet as severe as shown in these pics. This gives you an idea what to look for:

FWIW, we’ve been on the recall list since before Christmas, but haven’t received our blade. We haven’t used our food processor, but that’s more due to infrequent use than to fear of using the blade. Plus we have a mini-prep, a ninja, a Vitamix, and a Kitchenaid mixer, and knives, which means we don’t necessarily need to use the Cuisinart. I wouldn’t hesitate to use it at this point, but I’d also carefully inspect the underside of the blade before eating anything that came out of it.

We had one blade that was affected. Waiting on the shipping box now to send it back.

It’s now been almost 9 months since I put my name on the recall list for the Cuisinart blade; still don’t have the freaking replacement! Has anyone gotten one in the past few months? Incredible!

Bruce

Yes, my mother just got one within the last month.

Yes, we received ours maybe a month or two ago? You might want to get back in touch with them. It did take a while as I recall, but it has been at least two months I think since we received our replacement.

Also received a few months back. Got an email in the spring apologizing for the delay and making it up with an awesome recipe book. Make sure you get that! [snort.gif]

After being on hold with their recall line for a long time, I was told that my replacement blade was now “in the system” and would be shipped to me as soon as it reached the warehouse. So supposedly within a month or less.

Bruce