Las Vegas Restaurants

Food - recipes, reviews, and discussion
George Hejna
GCC Member
GCC Member

Re: Las Vegas Restaurants

#151 Post by George Hejna » December 1st, 2019, 8:56 am

Twist was excellent. Food was prepared perfectly. The caviar dish is outstanding. Service was a bit slow as they seemed a bit shorthanded. Restaurant was not at all crowded on a Friday night
Nobu was also excellent. I was a bit concerned that it would be a bit over the top/loud/garish but the room was nice, tables were spaced nicely. Service was spot on. We did an an all fish Omakase that was great. I think the restaurant is overpriced but you sort of know that going in. I found the beverage offerings lacking. Sake list is only Nobu sake that is all stupidly priced for quality. Wine list was tiny. Food was excellent across the board. King crab tempura was perfect.

George

Colin Haggerty
GCC Member
GCC Member

#152 Post by Colin Haggerty » December 2nd, 2019, 10:55 am

On November 22nd we had a fun experience at Bardot Brasserie, where Joël Robuchon's executive chef, Christophe de Lellis, partnered with Bardot Brasserie's Joshua Smith to put on a fantastic dinner. Below is my CellarTracker description of the event:

Aria Guest Chef Dinner

GregP

#153 Post by GregP » December 4th, 2019, 11:31 pm

A. Mishaan wrote:
November 25th, 2019, 10:16 am
Wynn parking is still free BTW, including valet.
Well, in a way. If you are visiting and spend at least $50 at the Winn, then it is free. We love the Parasol Bar and usually go there since you can have a nice drink and smoke a cigar and not be bothered by outrageously loud music piping in as you do at The Dorsey, for example. So, yes, valet is free since by the time you order 2+ drinks these days you are easily over the $50 mark. But you do "pay".

For those staying at Winn valet parking is not really free since its included in the room price, so don't kid yourself, they just do it "smarter".

Most properties off The Strip are benefiting these days, their parking lots seem to always be full now. Venetian never charged and they are usually full, with valet area pretty busy.
G r e g P i a t i g o r s k i
I T B - i s k a r a n u w i n e

GregP

#154 Post by GregP » December 4th, 2019, 11:40 pm

George Hejna wrote:
November 29th, 2019, 5:04 pm
Really mediocre meal at L'atelier last night. Sent one crab dish back as it just tasted/tasted smelled off. Ordered the 1/2 pheasant ($70) and it was relatively tasteless. Blind I would have guessed turkey without a doubt. Mash potatoes were a tiny portion and warm at best.

Service was good.

George
Funny, reminds of an online restaurant review:

Terrible restaurant, we haven't even finished appetizers yet when one of the servers seduced my husband and they had sex in the coat check-in area.

Chocolate mousse cake was great!

joz€f p1nxten
GCC Member
GCC Member

#155 Post by joz€f p1nxten » December 10th, 2019, 9:07 am

edit: wrong thread
Last edited by joz€f p1nxten on December 11th, 2019, 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jozef

GregP

#156 Post by GregP » December 11th, 2019, 12:28 am

LA?

Return to “Epicurean Exploits - Food and Recipes”